Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Roll Call: Savageman
CREATED: 08/18/09 by bcfrank REPLIES: 10
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 945
Roll Call: Savageman
POSTED: 8/18/09 11:11 AM

The Savageman Triathlon Festival is only about a month away. So who's up for torture (the International) or insanity (the Half)?

I'm in for a round of torture. I figure after my double header weekend, this will be a piece of cake. :)

I believe registration is still open for anyone who wants to attempt this race themselves or put together a relay. I also believe there is a need for volunteers, so come on up for that as well. Or do a relay and then volunteer.

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
RE: Roll Call: Savageman
POSTED: 8/18/09 11:42 AM

I'm doing (not attempting - DOING) the half.

Is anyone else camping out in the park that weekend?

drvaughan's ravatar drvaughan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 8/18/09 9:32 PM

I, in a fit of insanity, signed up for Savageman (half) the day before Columbia where I promptly pulled a hamstring. I have used Savageman as my motivation for recovery. I'm doing it.

POSTED: 8/18/09 9:37 PM

Oh-and I'm going up friday afternoon if anyone is looking for a ride (in an open air jeep wrangler).

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 8/19/09 6:44 AM

I am in for the Insanity of the Half. I pre-rode the course 2 weekends ago, and now I am wondering... WHY THE HELL DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS?? Then I remember there was beer and testosterone in the air... Oh yeah and that whole brick in the concrete thing.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 8/19/09 9:55 AM

Did you have an iPhone and a credit card too? You have to be careful about combining those things.

Although, having seen you shoot up the wall first try, maybe you don't have to be careful.

I'll be there to sherpa and volunteer. Lovely hubby will be riding and running with a ringer doing the swim for his relay.

kyleyost's ravatar kyleyost    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 8/19/09 8:42 PM

In the spirit of the SavageMan Roll Call thread, here is a link that will show you all the photos and videos taken of DC Tri club members at SavageMan the past two years.

http://www.savagemantri.org/media_library.html?c=dc

There's a lot, so you can additionally filter to just the Westernport Wall or swim, bike, run, or whatever. You get the idea.

POSTED: 8/19/09 11:15 PM

yes, there is that whole wall thing. In fact, Kyle, it was the videos that got me thinking I should do this. Funny but now with a month to go, the very same videos have me thinking, 'wtf was I thinking?''

Delnora's ravatar Delnora    JOINED: 3/16/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/20/09 6:33 AM

I'm signed up for insanity!! It's gonna be crazy!

I rode the course several weeks ago. Gonna do it again Sunday morning.

Look for me at the race, fellow DC-Tri peeps, I'll be in my ARMY jersey ;)

Delnora

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 945
POSTED: 8/31/09 3:49 PM

So the race is now 3 weeks away and I haven't done anything about lodging. Anyone getting a group house? Camping? Hotels? Just trying to get a feel for what's going on.

It seems like a small DC Tri contingency so far.

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 9/03/09 2:34 PM

IN for the half.

Phil (Schmidt)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria