DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nautica Malibu Triathlon
CREATED: 08/18/09 by crobles REPLIES: 4
crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
Nautica Malibu Triathlon
POSTED: 8/18/09 11:58 AM

Hey Everyone-

The place where I work (www.oceana.org) has a partnership with Nautica for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon Sept. 12-13 to help raise money to save the oceans. Nautica has offered Oceana 9 spots in the race to race as team Oceana but so far we only have 3 filled. If you're interested in racing on team Oceana I have included the information that went out to the staff yesterday as well as contact information if you have questions:

"We still have a couple spots remaining for either the Olympic Distance race on September 12 (1500m swim, 40k bike, 10k run) or the Classic Distance race on September 13 (750m swim, 20k bike, 5k run).

Thus far, athletes who will wear the Oceana logo on their sleeve include Julia Van Cleave (top age-group triathlete and Valarie Whiting’s sister), Julie Leonardo (inaugural Team Oceana athlete from Nautica South Beach Triathlon) and yours truly J

If you are interested in racing or have any friends/family who may be interested please reach out to them and provide them the following info:

Who: First time, novice or experienced swimmers, bikers and runners

What: Race with and raise money for Oceana at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon

Where: Swim in the Pacific Ocean, bike along the Pacific Coast Highway, and run along Zuma Beach in Malibu

When: September 12 or September 13

Why: Triathlons are fun, you get in shape, you help raise money to protect the world’s oceans

How: Contact Jonathan Frank, jfrank@oceana.org or 202-467-1949, no later than Thursday August 20."

thanks!

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Nautica Malibu Triathlon
POSTED: 8/18/09 1:00 PM

Is Malibu Tri the one w/ all the celubutards like JLo and TriStuds inc. Matt McConnaghey, Dave Duchovny, & Pat Fabian? Too bad, Nation's Tri is that weekend. I've always wanted to do that race. Pls keep me posted for 2010.

Btw, I have some friends in LA Tri Club who might be interested in filling the oceana slots. Should I forward?

Lisa
http://www.examiner.com/x-19867-DC-Sports-Travel-Examiner?showbio

crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 8/18/09 1:09 PM

Yup that's the one! i'll def. keep you posted for 2010...hopefully they decide to donate some proceeds to us again next year :-D!

and yeah...definitely forward!

thanks!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
POSTED: 8/18/09 1:43 PM

Oh what I would do if I didn't have a kid....

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 8/18/09 4:33 PM

for future reference realize that the "malibu triathlon" is now two different races on different weekends.

the "classic" race which is the sprint distance one with the celebrity division and the olympic distance one that is a week or so beforehand that started last year and has no celebrity division.

that being said, its a good race if you are in the area to do it.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria