Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Best Route from Dupont to Part of Rock Creek Parkway that is Closed to Cars
CREATED: 06/12/10 by jsmith REPLIES: 3
jsmith    JOINED: 3/19/10    POSTS: 6
Best Route from Dupont to Part of Rock Creek Parkway that is Closed to Cars
POSTED: 6/12/10 8:18 PM

New to town question - what's the fastest/safest route from Dupont Circle to the part of Rock Creek Parkway that's closed on the weekend?
thanks,
Jack

novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
RE: Best Route from Dupont to Part of Rock Creek Parkway that is Closed to Cars
POSTED: 6/12/10 10:53 PM

you can get on at the p street entrance to rock creek parkway and either ride the bike trail or ride on the parkway north to beach drive. The bike trails are a little rough for road bikes IMO so I usually ride on the parkway but i'm not sure if it's legal or not even though a lot of riders do it.

jsmith    JOINED: 3/19/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 6/13/10 7:37 AM

Thanks - yeah I tried the parkway on the way out which seemed a little dangerous and then the bike path home which I agree is pretty bumpy and filled with baby strollers, etc. Was hoping their might be some parallel low traffic sidestreet.

thanks,
Jack

no-e-plz's ravatar no-e-plz    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 6/13/10 9:27 AM

From Dupont, you can go north on 19th street, turn right on Columbia Road and then left on Mt. Pleasant road. Follow Mt. Pleasant to Park (left turn) and turn right to stay on Park. You'll drop down into Rock Creek very close to the area where Beach Dr. is closed to auto traffic. Cross Rock Creek and take a right on the trail near Pierce Mill and voila! there you are. You can ride Beach north to East West Highway without too much hassle.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria