Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

FREE bike shipping to ITU San Diego race -- who's in?
CREATED: 12/11/11 by markhakd REPLIES: 124
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: FREE bike shipping to ITU San Diego race -- who's in?
POSTED: 12/14/11 12:50 PM

This is huge--rumor has it the Board maybe working on making the deal even sweeter as well as deals on airfare and hotels. (wink)

I'm totally in!!

Let's go crush it in San Diego!

Go DC Tri!

--Abby

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 346
POSTED: 12/14/11 1:21 PM

Looks like a lot of people are interested... and several have already committed. We should add this to the Race section... it would be nice to see how close we are to the 30 already! Speaking of which, there are currently no 2012 races up on the race section!?!

-Luke

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 67
POSTED: 12/14/11 4:24 PM

Yes, it appears club nationals will be in Oklahoma. As Rob Urbach indicated Saturday, they are pulling together an interesting international club challenge to bring the biggest U.S. clubs in (hence the free bike shipping) and also to motivate clubs from Canada, Mexico, even Europe to participate as well. We're talking international club party here. I'm getting some really "Good Vibrations," about all of it, let me tell you.

I understand there is a "beast" climb on the course but haven't seen it yet. I will be there late January and will report back but if this old lady can make it up the hill, I'm sure you all can do it as well. I will try to take photos when I'm there.

Will someone get a roll call thread going under races so we can keep a head count going?

BTW, Tucson also is an awesome event. I did it last year. It is fairly isolated and a quiet beautiful course, nothing in the way of spectators or major party time but a beautiful, exceptionally well run race. I hope to do it again as it is very nice and easy to navigate. The hotel is great also. The big exciting race and party and Olympic Trials will be in San Diego; these are two very different but both wonderful experiences. If I had to choose one, I personally would go to San Diego, but I love the Olympics and the chance to see our Olympians and other country Olympians chosen will make for amazing competition and great racing. I've been to the Olympics and to trials before and there is in my mind nothing like it in sport. I'm a major Kona lover and have been there too and while I wear my MDots every day, the Olympics are on a whole different level. These aren't the same events; they're all wonderful. 2012 is and Olympic year and that's the game next year, IMHO. Go DC Tri!

phaney    JOINED: 11/22/10    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 12/14/11 4:29 PM

I am extremely interested. Count Me In!

Can't wait to Tri San Diego!

--Patrick Haney

carrollea's ravatar carrollea    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 12/14/11 4:43 PM

Auugggh! So many good races, so little vacation time (and money). Tucson, San Diego, Oklahoma City, Auckland....

Is the A/G Du in Tucson every year? Maybe I could do it in 2013?

Liz

dkgreco    JOINED: 11/30/11    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 12/14/11 10:38 PM

I'm registered. Can't wait!

lockemike's ravatar lockemike    JOINED: 5/26/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 12/15/11 5:32 PM

Gah! My parents in SD would be thrilled for me to come visit but I'm already signed up for the Kinetic Half that same weekend.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 12/17/11 1:43 PM

Anyone on this thread that is on the verge of registering this weekend...hold that thought for a few days because the Board is on the verge of making a huge announcement that will reduce the cost of this race experience even more...making it possible for more of our members to race out West.

Ryan

kmparman    JOINED: 8/3/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 12/17/11 2:58 PM

I would consider it.

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 12/19/11 12:21 PM

I'm interested!

Jennifer

dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 67
POSTED: 12/20/11 9:06 AM

Is there news? I was hoping to register soon!

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 220
POSTED: 12/22/11 6:32 PM

Look for some big news from the Board in the next week... hold off on those registrations for now!

Thanks,
Kevin

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 12/23/11 12:09 PM

Ok people, the time has come for this hyped up offer to be unveiled! The 2012 board worked diligently and quickly to make this happen and we are very excited to announce that members of the DC Triathlon Club will race ITU San Diego for the lowest costs possible.

The Board has pre-purchased 30 registrations to the Olympic Distance race at the ITU San Diego Triathlon, which guarantees free bike shipping for ALL of our members! If that's not enough, these 30 registrations will be available to purchase for $95 in our Shop, which is $100 off the normal registration price!! That makes the combined value of this offer (registration discount plus free bike shipping) nearly $500!

Register Now >>

We hope you are as excited about this opportunity as we are and that you'll join us in May to make our presence felt on the West coast. Now hurry up and secure your spot!

Your 2012 Board

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 12/23/11 12:18 PM

IN! IN! IN! IN! IN!

Yahoo! San Diego, here we come!

POSTED: 12/23/11 12:20 PM

Me too! Just bought my entry in the shop.

San Diego or bust!!

Liz

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 67
POSTED: 12/23/11 12:22 PM

Fantastic! Let's rock San Diego and then come home and make Nation's a celebration of our "national" presence. It is very important for us to continue to support our local Tri businesses while expanding our horizons. Let's be sure to sell out Nation's and Dc Tri also and to bring our friends from around the country to race here in DC. Without these great local events, we wouldn't BE Tri Town USA! Thank you DC Tri!

POSTED: 12/23/11 12:24 PM

Will we be trying to book a block of rooms? Schedule? Do we want to try to fly out together?

I'm probably getting ahead of things. Sorry, but I'm excited now!

Liz

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 220
POSTED: 12/23/11 12:46 PM

IN!

Liz, I hear the Board is working on group hotel and airfare options so that we can all get discounts.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 360
POSTED: 12/23/11 1:00 PM

Done and Done!

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 146
POSTED: 12/23/11 1:02 PM

IN!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria