Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

FREE bike shipping to ITU San Diego race -- who's in?
CREATED: 12/11/11 by markhakd REPLIES: 124
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: FREE bike shipping to ITU San Diego race -- who's in?
POSTED: 3/26/12 10:38 AM

Who is getting pumped for San Diego?? I know I am!
It's hard to believe this race is just a little over 6 weeks away. I hope everyone's training is going well.

I'm posting to bring up the ITU vs. USAT topic. Some of you may recall the Dextro Energy ITU race that came to Washington, DC, in 2009. It was my first Oly, and I remember hitting the 5-mile mark on the run course and bursting with joy that I was actually going to finish!

Anyway: a woman got penalized multiple times for drafting me during this race. This was before I knew I could go fast on a bike, too.

My point: The Age Group race is governed by USAT rules, *NOT* ITU rules. It will certainly be supercool to watch the pros race a draft-legal race, but don't get confused. Our race is *NOT* draft-legal.

Don't get penalty minutes!

I hope you are looking at this awesome course! Woo hoo! This should be fun and GORGEOUS! http://san-diego.triathlon.org/uploads/1_23%20Olympic_Bike.pdf

Cheers,
Abby

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 67
POSTED: 3/27/12 12:11 AM

Thanks for this great post, Abby. I drove the course a few weeks ago and the climb into La Jolla is a long slow (for me) grind! It is a scenic course and a fabulous venue - a huge park near the ocean. Also nearby are a giant wave pool, roller coaster, everything you could want in a race venue! It's going to be great!

Thanks for pointing out that the age group race is NOT draft legal. Also, the ITU race will also serve as the U.S. Olympic Trials for triathlon and some other countries so it the competition will be HOT as athletes scamble for points and position in one of the biggest ITU events leading up to the 2012 London Games!

POSTED: 3/27/12 10:11 AM

Melissa: I can't WAIT to camp out on that hill on Friday afternoon and watch the pro women attack it. Of course it might be more fun to watch the pro men on Saturday when we can enjoy, ahem, adult beverages.

La Jolla is so gorgeous, and I can't believe they are going to close the streets so we can race. That climb is indeed going to be killer!

dwrigley    JOINED: 8/5/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 3/27/12 10:32 AM

the pro course will not be in the hilly section, they follow the usual ITU format of a shorter looped course (8 laps bike, 3 for the run).

here's a link to the elite bike course
http://san-diego.triathlon.org/uploads/Elite_Bike%202_29_12.pdf

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1714
POSTED: 3/27/12 10:33 AM

Our group got a house on the ocean and a mile from the race--excited!

There was some talk a while back of other folks possibly arranging lodging with our new-found buds from the S.D. tri club. Any word on this? Thanks.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 360
POSTED: 3/27/12 12:17 PM

Seriously!?!?! We have to climb up and down the hill of doom twice and the pros get a basically a completely flat course?!?! Boooooo!!!!!!

And their swim portion is in the more protected part of the bay.

shedrickc's ravatar shedrickc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 3/30/12 4:20 PM

just an FYI. if you haven't purchased your flight yet now may be a good time. United has R/T flights flights under $300 with the USAT discount code. you have to fly out of BWI, but that's better than 485 out DCA which is what I almost paid a week ago.

pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 432
POSTED: 3/30/12 4:26 PM

nice! Although if you're in DC, the cost in time and money to get out there does close that gap considerably (or totally).

Thanks for the heads up!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 4/05/12 7:24 AM

**Update**

Those of you who are registered for the race should have receive an email from me this morning confirming some important details about the race. Please send an email to president@dctriclub.org if you did not receive this email and are currently registered for the race.

37 days and counting...

Ryan

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 346
POSTED: 5/06/12 10:48 PM

Does anyone have space for 1 extra Zipp 404 race wheel in a wheel bag they're taking on the plane to San Diego? I needed to replace a tubular tire on my front race wheel after my tune-up race today, and the wheel won't be ready to go until Wednesday... so I had to ship my bike with a stock wheel instead.

If you've got space for 1 rogue race wheel in your wheel bag, please let me know!

-Luke

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 5/07/12 5:31 PM

anyone flying from dulles thursday afternoon and want to coordinate getting to airport? amfava at yahoo

andrea

singingjo's ravatar singingjo    JOINED: 1/31/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 5/07/12 7:06 PM

I'm flying out of Dulles on Thursday afternoon! I have reserved a parking spot and am flying with my spouse. Where are you coming from Andrea? I need to be at the airport at 2:30.

Jo

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 5/07/12 7:11 PM

For anyone that ignores emails or you have a sensitive SPAM filter, please be sure to check out the club's weekend agenda here:

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f120151a6a4ca76e62d743491&id=8e09c54048&e=

Ryan

pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 432
POSTED: 5/08/12 9:49 AM

I've got a 5:50p flight from BWI on Thursday and would love a ride if anyone's headed that way (I need to leave my car in the city for my wife and son). I'll be coming from either Capitol Hill or downtown. pserfass at ttcorp dot com

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 468
POSTED: 5/09/12 8:30 AM

Getting excited here!
1) If anyone happens to need a hotel room, I'm about to cancel my res at Heritage Inn about 2.5 mi from the race. lmk if you want me to transfer it to you.
2) Coming back Monday into BWI at 730pm. LMK if anyone wants to carpool back to DC area.
- Adam

POSTED: 5/09/12 8:54 AM

Hi gang! I'm getting excited, as well!!

I will be leaving out of Dulles tomorrow at 5:30 PM. Anyone else headed that way want to share a cab out of DC at 3:30? Returning Monday at 9 PM.

I'm also renting a car in San Diego--let me know if you need a ride while there. My phone number is in the last e-mail that Ryan sent.

Cheers!

Abby
abby.sanford19 at yahoo

dmd326's ravatar dmd326    JOINED: 10/28/10    POSTS: 67
POSTED: 5/09/12 9:04 AM

We are headed from Baltimore to BWI for a 6:30a flight tomorrow, and we will be coming back on Monday also at 6am. Oh, how I don't love red-eyes. But, if I'm going to sleep, I might as well do it on the plane!

Can't wait for this weekend!

POSTED: 5/09/12 9:26 AM

In case you missed it, we are having a club pre-race dinner on Friday in San Diego! Luigi's at the Beach has a big menu and a patio they are reserving just for us!

RSVP now!
www.eventbrite.com/event/3458804377

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 346
POSTED: 5/09/12 9:54 AM

One final plea... does anyone have space for 1 extra race wheel (front wheel!) in a wheel bag they're taking on the plane to San Diego? If so, please let me know! I'd be glad to meet up with you to drop it off sometime today or early tomorrow morning! holman dot luke at gmail dot com.

Thanks!
-Luke

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
POSTED: 5/09/12 12:47 PM

Pre-Race Webinar Posted
http://sandiego.triathlon.org/news/article/age_group_pre-race_webinar/

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria