Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Wilson Aquatic Center survey
CREATED: 02/16/11 by ferguson REPLIES: 4
ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 219
Wilson Aquatic Center survey
POSTED: 2/16/11 12:30 PM

Please take time to fill out this survey!!! Most important is #8. Be sure to select A (50m configuration) and then write comments in support of leaving the lanes as they are currently set up.

Changing the current 50 meter configuration would be criminal. All other DC pools (with the exception of the 3 lanes at East Potomac Park outdoor pool… which is only open a few months out of the year) are set in the 25 yard configuration. This gives residents plentiful options, should they prefer to swim in a 25 yard configuration. Wilson Aquatic Center is the sole option for athletes looking to develop their swimming skills & technique in a proper training environment.

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
RE: Wilson Aquatic Center survey
POSTED: 2/16/11 12:58 PM

Matt - can we get a link?

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 219
POSTED: 2/16/11 1:30 PM

oh... sorry about that. I just saw this story on the main page of the website and thought I'd write a quick comment to bring additional attention to it.

I know a lot of triathletes train at Wilson, many of whom bypass pools closer to where they live specifically to take advantage of the 50m lanes. It makes a huge difference in training and would be a travesty for them to make it just like all the other pools in the area.

The story was posted on 15-Feb... both the document & email address are listed there. All you need to do is click on the doc to download, fill it out, save changes, and then click on the email link to send your feedback to the commission. Easy cheesy!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 2/16/11 2:04 PM

Someone needs to teach the City Government to get with the times and put this in an ONLINE survey form for greater response!

I'm an advocate for feedback so I'll echo Matt and say take a few minutes to complete this survey!

Ryan

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 223
POSTED: 2/16/11 7:34 PM

There is a link to the survey here:
http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.Buzz&id=443

Also, it will be in the newsletter tonight.

Kevin

UPDATE FROM 3/27/11: Survey submissions are no longer being accepted.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria