Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

new to tri, wants to train in dupont circle area
CREATED: 06/30/09 by susancheng REPLIES: 10
susancheng    JOINED: 6/30/09    POSTS: 2
new to tri, wants to train in dupont circle area
POSTED: 6/30/09 1:00 AM

just signed up for the nation's tri and am a first-timer. would love to train up with folks in swimming, running, biking, :)
but esp swimming!

let me know if you can train in the evenings after work

-susan

USArmyBJJ    JOINED: 6/27/09    POSTS: 2
RE: new to tri, wants to train in dupont circle area
POSTED: 6/30/09 12:52 PM

Susan,

What did you have in mind? I am brand new to tri as well, so it would be nice to meet up with others who are new! I can work out Monday and Wednesday evenings, and also weekend mornings and/or evenings. I live in Rosslyn, but don't mind meeting up somewhere else so long as it's Metro accessible.

Xackerman    JOINED: 6/26/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 7/04/09 9:25 AM

Hello to both of you. I am also new to olympic tri training and am training for the Nation's Tri. I live in G-town but would train in Dupont if that worked for others. I joined the YMCA which has a great pool right in Dupont and a place to leave some gear. For the next three weeks I can only train in the mornings, but I'd have a little flexibility after that. Anyone interested in a morning run this coming week in Dupont? abner.ackerman@gmail.com

jpacovich's ravatar jpacovich    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 8/02/09 9:58 PM

i live just over in the u-street neighborhood... would be up for morning cycling rides around town, or monday/thursday evening if those nights work for anyone!

DSmith's ravatar DSmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 8/03/09 11:02 AM

Also, come to the neighborhood happy hour on Wednesday night!!!

susancheng    JOINED: 6/30/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 8/10/09 12:28 AM

Hey everyone,

just checking if anyone wants to swim together near the YMCA near 17th and P - also if anyone has any ideas for getting together to practice the open water swimming - i have no clue how to practice for that!

If you are down for running and or biking together through Dupont/Adams morgan.u Street let me know - i am up for going on Tuesday/Thurdsay evenings after 6 PM and for all weekends mornings/afternoons, etc.

Thanks!

Susan
DUPont Circle Area
Tri newbie and training for Nations Tri

hf1267    JOINED: 8/10/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 8/10/09 7:18 AM

up for training. new to the city don't know many taining routes. been on the horse only a couple of times. GOTTA get in the water!

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 8/10/09 7:52 AM

I'm planning to swim at the Francis outdoor pool on 25th St & N St NW tonight around 6pm. Shoot me an email if you want to join me.
Angela

Email Angela

kristenf    JOINED: 6/10/09    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 8/10/09 9:20 AM

Hello - I'm doing the Nation's and it is my first oly. I live in the dupont circle area too. Would love to train with people when possible. I can't do tonight but would love to swim another night this week or do a ride. My biking skills need work!
-Kristen

jdchristopher's ravatar jdchristopher    JOINED: 9/22/10    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 10/01/10 9:32 AM

right-o, so i realize this thread is over a year old, but just checking to see if anybody here is still in the dupont area and training at the Y or where ever..

i started another thread to introduce myself, i'm new to tri's as well and would love to ramp up my running/biking game (was born a swimmer, so i can help people out in that arena)...

kimberrankin    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 10/18/10 12:53 PM

Hi,
I live in the Kalorama area and am def looking for training partners, esp for through the week morning runs. Contact me at kimberrankin at yahoo dot com

Also, I'll be the club wide HH this Thursday at Hamiltons.

Cheers,
Kimberly

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria