Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

bike pedal rec's
CREATED: 02/16/11 by KBRESLIN REPLIES: 3
KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
bike pedal rec's
POSTED: 2/16/11 12:55 PM

Hi there! I can't find the post I read last week re: pedals. I'm looking for the pedals that I can get out of the quickest. I recall folks like the shimano and the others that are not the speedplay for tri's. I'm open to your thoughts & rec's. Thanks!

(I have a fear of getting stuck due to injury last year).

jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
RE: bike pedal rec's
POSTED: 2/16/11 1:40 PM

Sometimes the forum search feature is a little quirky. If you search the forum for the word "pedals", many previous posts will show up that should answer your question.
Good luck!
Lindsey

RAFTRI's ravatar RAFTRI    JOINED: 12/22/10    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 2/16/11 2:08 PM

I have recently changed from Look Delta to Look Keo's and have found them much easier to get out of....although slightly more tricky to get clipped into. The other good point for triathlons is that the Keo's have rubber around the edge of the cleat which is less slippery when running with your bike to the mount line.
Hope this helps?

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 2/16/11 2:10 PM

i have found that standard shimano spd mountain bike pedals are pretty quick to get out of, but the tradeoff is that the platform to get into the pedals is a bit tricky to find on the fly for me at least

however, i use the standard speedplay pedals and can get out of them just as fast if not faster than any spd mtb pedals i have ever used.

i always found that familiarity with my current pedals and practicing a lot made the pedals easy to get out of and not any particular design was easier or harder to get out of.

good luck.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria