Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rocketts Landing Tri Roll Call
CREATED: 05/11/09 by chad0022 REPLIES: 17
chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 334
Rocketts Landing Tri Roll Call
POSTED: 5/11/09 9:30 AM

Who else is in - and REALLY hoping it won't be turned into a du???

Amanda :-)

kebeebe    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
RE: Rocketts Landing Tri Roll Call
POSTED: 5/11/09 4:44 PM

I'm in....and looking for car-pooling and/or hotel-room sharing.

Kelzie

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 5/12/09 2:34 PM

I'm in as well and racing for the first time in 2years - wonderful. I agree with you, Amanda, as I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a du. Also found out we're racing in the same group so I'll be sure to say hi when we're racking bikes. Sorry I didn't introduce myself when at the EM ride on Sunday.
See you all this weekend.

Emily

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 714
POSTED: 5/12/09 2:35 PM

Who, when, where is Rocketts Landing?

I'll be suffering through Columbia this weekend 5/17, again. Swore I would not do it again last year.

POSTED: 5/12/09 4:25 PM

Rocketts is an Olympic distance tri down in Richmond. Those of us who missed Columbia sign up, or didn’t want to do those hills again, are heading south.

Emily, first time in 2 years, I am still guessing you will smoke this course!! And I didn't even notice the waves were announced. Sweet. My new DC Tri gear will be making an appearance!

Oh, and is it bad that my first brick of the season is a race... Just wondering.

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 5/12/09 7:28 PM

I'm in. When is everyone driving down? Want to caravan? I am staying at a friend's house but will see everyone at packet pick-up and at the race. Praying it isn't switched to a du or I am screwed. Oh well, training race!

Tammy

stealthgirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 5/12/09 8:10 PM

I'm headed down too for the race.

Not sure how confident I am that the swim will be a good idea considering what I hear about the river conditions but we'll see how it goes.

See you down there.

--Jenn

(see Brooke, I replied!)

ptlori    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 5/12/09 9:30 PM

I am in for Rockett's Landing. I will be p.o.'ed if it's a du!

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 5/12/09 9:57 PM

Oh come on Lori, you're a pro at du's now! ;)

Amanda- I meant we're in the same group as in Athena so i'm sure we'll be racking our bikes close to each other. I haven't seen any swim waves posted yet as I'm sure they're waiting to see what the water conditions will be like closer to race day. There's always time to get a brick in before then-- you still have 4 days until the race.

I'm going down Saturday and staying at the host hotel (DoubleTree I think). Not sure when I'll be there so I'm not sure about meeting up w/ others. I'll be wearing a lavendar tshirt that says 'Big Rapids' on it. I know 1 other person who has this shirt and they won't be there.

Rocketts also a Du now
POSTED: 5/14/09 11:08 AM

"DUATHLON just added!!! Register at Packet Pick Up
Saturday, May 16; noon-6pm
Rocketts Landing - 8:00 Start Sunday, May 17"

I fear they are foreshowing the tri will become a Du with a 2 mile run instead of a swim :-(

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 5/14/09 11:18 AM

So I guess the lesson is that Lori is a Liar. She claims she will "never do a du again" 3 weeks ago in Richmond and now she is returning to Richmond this weekend for what may be another du.... I may never be able to trust her again :-)

ptlori    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 5/14/09 12:25 PM

DU-PED AGAIN!!! I, for one cannot believe the cruel injustice that the James River will be serving up for me this weekend. Curses! ugh.

And Joe, I WAS NOT lying, I am trapped at this point...the DNS or DNF is lookin' pretty sweet right now... :)

POSTED: 5/15/09 3:59 PM

Lori - and everyone else who wants a swim, there is hope for us yet!!

From the race director - "Woooohooo! River is looking great, it's almost back to normal. "

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

And a huge thanks to Karen and Sandy (and anyone else involved) for my new DC Tri Gear!

emmd's ravatar emmd    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 7/09/10 11:36 AM

anyone doing the race this year? carpool maybe?

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 160
POSTED: 7/09/10 12:04 PM

I'm in this year, but my travel plans are going to be tight so can't commit to a carpool right now. Good luck, I'm sure others will be heading down for a hot hot hot race.

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 160
POSTED: 7/16/10 11:27 AM

Thought I'd give this a bump. Anyone else in the club racing in Richmond next weekend? If you don't mind the hot temps, the after race party looks great: hosted by PF Changs and there is a beer/wine garden! Hope to see some familiar faces out there.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 186
POSTED: 7/16/10 1:19 PM

I will be there... in last place changing a tire.

lettieg    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 7/20/10 5:30 PM

I'll be there too. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that the river stays "looking good". I'm already dreading the run at the end, can't imagine having to start that way too!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria