DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Guy - First Post on T-Day
CREATED: 11/26/09 by mihoke REPLIES: 3
mihoke's ravatar mihoke    JOINED: 11/24/09    POSTS: 9
New Guy - First Post on T-Day
POSTED: 11/26/09 5:20 AM

Hello All,

My wife Kate just added me to your ranks. I'm currently deployed in Iraq and can't wait to get home to meet some of you in person for a swim/ride/run. I did my first tri last year at Naylor's Beach and was absolutely hooked. I won the Clydesdale division, but have since lost so much weight that won't be an option anymore (20lbs) ;) Just came home on my R&R and ran my first marathon (Marine Corps) with the wife (who qualified for her second Boston) and my Dad, who missed his Boston time by about 10 minutes. Kate and I are also registered for our first Ironman next July at IM Switzerland. If there are any other DCTC members going, give us a shout! Currently training for Shamrock in March, as swim and bike training here in the Green Zone is a little tough. I do have plently of room to run and take advantage as I can.

Long intro, so I'll quit, but hope to see you soon!

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
RE: New Guy - First Post on T-Day
POSTED: 11/26/09 11:13 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, New Guy! Welcome to the club and the triathlon addiction! Congrats on your awesome performance at your very first tri at Naylor's Beach! Thank you so much for your service to our country! Stay safe over there, and hope to meet you stateside sometime in the future!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 11/26/09 11:19 AM

Welcome! That's quite a resume you've put together, and quite a plan for next year. Look forward to meeting you when you get back. Happy training, and happy thanksgiving!
-Jason

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 11/26/09 11:50 AM

New Guy,

Welcome to the addiction we call Triathlon. Well I would say I will be looking forward to seeing you when you return, but I am headed your way in a month. A couple races you might want to sign up for is Our Mid Atlantic Club Championship at the Phily Tri, and National Club Championships in Myrtle Beach. DC Tri is going to go and bring home 2 titles this year. You will like this club, they have a lot of organized events, and workouts. The people here are very helpful and a lot of fun to hang out with. Trust me you will have a great time with a great group like this. Good Luck and stay safe. Maybe we will run into each other in the green zone.

Mark

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria