Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

CUA Swim Practices Begin March 23
CREATED: 03/22/09 by ptlori REPLIES: 13
ptlori    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
CUA Swim Practices Begin March 23
POSTED: 3/22/09 8:26 PM

Alrighty NTP'ers, Catholic University practices begin tomorrow night at 6:30 and will be every Monday and Wednesday through the summer.
These practices are a great and fun way to get your yardage in, meet other NTP'ers and also meet other at-large club members.
Whether you swam in college or are getting in the pool for the first time, this is the place for you. There are three groups of varying ability levels and practice difficulty.
The practices are $3 and can be paid when you arrive.

Happy Training!!

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
RE: CUA Swim Practices Begin March 23
POSTED: 3/23/09 10:14 AM

I plan on heading there tonight. Do you have to be there right at 6:30, or can you get there any time after?

Catherine

POSTED: 3/23/09 10:16 AM

Also, can you remind me of the name of the building the pool is located in? I can't find that, or the map, that was linked up earlier. Thank you!

Catherine

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 3/23/09 10:27 AM

Is this only for NTPer's or for any DC Tri member?

POSTED: 3/23/09 11:00 AM

These practices are for ALL DC Tri Club members.

The practice begins at 6:30, but if you can't get there until a little later, please still come, you can just jump in with your lane where they are in the set.

I actually do not know what the name of the building actually is...Maybe someone can help me on this?! It is the athletic building that contains CUA's basketball courts (if that helps). The lot beside the building has free parking.

POSTED: 3/23/09 12:06 PM

I'm biking up there, but I'm sure I'll be able to find it. Do we have to be a USMS member or anything to swim, or do we just have to pay the $3?

Thanks!

Catherine

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 152
POSTED: 3/23/09 3:47 PM

It is in the Raymond DuFour center. I have been told it is about 1/4 mile from the Brookland metro. I will see you guys tonight at 6:30.
Dena

gingerkr    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/23/09 3:57 PM

Can we come to these practices on an ad hoc basis, or is it part of a series which starts today? I can't make it tonight, but I'm definitely interested in attending at least a few of these practices.

POSTED: 3/23/09 4:30 PM

You can definitely come whenever you are able. They are practices versus a swim clinic, so the more that you make the better, but you aren't obligated to come to a certain number.

jvanleunen    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/23/09 5:10 PM

Does the Raymond DuFour center have a parking deck/lot? Or anyone have any tips for parking in or around the center?

Thanks! :D
Julie

jvanleunen    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/23/09 5:22 PM

Oops - I just saw ptlori's earlier post about the free lot next to the athletic center! That answers my parking question!

I'll be there starting Wednesday!
Thanks!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 270
POSTED: 3/24/09 2:04 PM

Lori,
Are you guys putting together workouts or should we bring our own? Or is it some of both?

gtreynolds    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/24/09 4:30 PM

So folks will be there tomorrow night (Wednesday) as well?

Glenn

POSTED: 3/24/09 6:44 PM

There will always be a practice prepared for the CUA nights. There are usually 3 groups of varying practice difficulty and length.
Yes, they will run every Monday and Wednesday night through the summer, start time is 6:30. If there is a cancellation of practice, it should be posted on the forum.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria