Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bianchi vs. Fuji Bikes
CREATED: 01/26/14 by blackboard REPLIES: 4
blackboard    JOINED: 1/15/14    POSTS: 1
Bianchi vs. Fuji Bikes
POSTED: 1/26/14 10:11 PM

Considering it comes down to preference, does anyone have any thoughts on which bike is better?

Not sure what to buy.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
RE: Bianchi vs. Fuji Bikes
POSTED: 1/27/14 12:54 AM

Don't be a slave to brand.  Figure out your price range. Fuji can run from $600 to $10k, depending on the build, so brand name alone won't tell you much. If both are in your price range, assuming similar component sets, go with fit then go with looks. A super duberly awesome bike ain't so awesome if it doesn't fit you.

If you are with the NTP program, it might pay dividends to wait a little bit. They'll have clinics on how to pick a bike and they'll hook you up with non-trivial discounts

After you've chosen a bike, sign up for PeasantMan <<---- utterly shameless propaganda plug :)

--Tuan

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 1/27/14 5:16 AM

I'll put this another way. A BMW M12 costs $1 million plus. BMW 1 series are used as taxicabs over in Europe ... so what's better, a BMW or a Ford? Well, it depends on the model doesn't it? Same logic applies to bikes. You just can't compare brand name. You have to look at model, options, and etc.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 1/27/14 8:31 AM

Go see Smiley - master bike fitter - he'll give you a bike fit (of course charge you), then tell you what models are best for your "frame" - then you go back and he fits your bike.

No bike store fits the bike when you buy it - or else it is an extra charge anyway.

Search for Smiley's contact info on the forum site.

I am actually considering seeing Smiley to re-fit my custom made bike - I think it (or I) need a few more tweaks. - or else I just need new knees.

afaganel's ravatar afaganel    JOINED: 11/21/13    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 1/28/14 6:51 PM

I just bought a new tri-bike and, depending on what size you're looking for, I have a fairly new Fuji with only 1000 miles on it that I'm looking to sell. It's a full carbon frame.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria