DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Compression Clothing
CREATED: 04/07/11 by tgrollman REPLIES: 4
tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
Compression Clothing
POSTED: 4/07/11 2:22 PM

Hey gang.

I am looking to buy some compression shorts and maybe a pair calf tights. There are so many brands out there, some way more expensive than others. Can you offer me some suggestions on which brand I should lean towards?

Anyone tried 110?

Thanks.

Tania.

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
RE: Compression Clothing
POSTED: 4/07/11 3:31 PM

I have the 110% calf tights, and I'm really happy with them. The cool thing about them is that they come with pouches to add ice packs to either thee shins or calves depending on your needs. It came with ice pack inserts that I haven't yet used, but I have thrown in some CVS ice packs in there, and it worked really well. And they feel good even without the ice packs too.

Carolina

mcbkrun's ravatar mcbkrun    JOINED: 6/17/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 4/08/11 5:39 AM

CEP compression calf or socks all the way, for races and when you rest after a race. I got some Zensah calf sleeves for the national marathon but they didn't provide that much support and compression.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 398
POSTED: 4/08/11 9:17 AM

My 2XUs sleeves work out pretty well. Though much easier to get them on when wearing a pair of thin running socks first until they get past the ankle.

Worn them on all my long runs and my calves feel fine afterwards.

Just my $0.07...
T

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 4/08/11 9:19 AM

Tania read this post about it so you get an idea of the scientific aprroach
http://www.joefrielsblog.com/2011/02/an-update-on-compression-clothing.html

Having say that CEP and Zoot really does the job specially the recovery tights which you can wear on your regular job you should feel the difference
Normally companies put a lot sales of their compression socks at the end of the season

Eric

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria