Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Training Tri Registration
CREATED: 06/30/09 by JoeC REPLIES: 52
ladegaard    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
RE: Training Tri Registration
POSTED: 7/02/09 11:13 PM

I would love a spot too if registration is re-opened.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 7/03/09 8:28 AM

The problems is the swim permits with DC Parks and using the HP pool. I think we can only have 100 participants but open it up to 120 expecting not everyone to show up. If we go over the allowed number of participants then we jepordize the opportunity to do these in the future.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 7/03/09 9:06 PM

whatever

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 7/03/09 9:19 PM

Yes, volunteers were indeed given advance notice. No travesty. The travesty would be if those of you who didn't get into this training tri did NOT volunteer instead.

So, volunteer already! It's fun!

POSTED: 7/03/09 9:27 PM

lol whatever

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 7/04/09 7:35 AM

The real "travesty" is that there are always people who only show up at club events and never volunteer. Never bring friends to volunteer. Bitch about not ordering a uniform on time. Bitch about not getting into a race whether it's a training tri or the club championship that's been advertised for over 3 mos. The forum needs improvement but certain events have been advertised on the home page for a month+.

And no, registration is not reopening. Our permit w/ the Park Police is very valuable and we cannot risk losing the use of Hains Point by abusing our privileges.

sschulman's ravatar sschulman    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/04/09 7:38 AM

Seems like it's time to chill. Or go for a long run to work out all this energy. Anyway, everyone enjoy the Fourth.

POSTED: 7/04/09 9:14 AM

LOL.

You guys are funny, good joke, I'll have to use that next time.

whatever.

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 7/04/09 1:26 PM

i'm doing the training tri next weekend and i'd like to volunteer my sister to help out. can someone email me offline so i can tell her what this entails? ashleynellis at yahoo. thanks!!

manuelarenata's ravatar manuelarenata    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 7/04/09 5:03 PM

Yes, it's very important to respect the conditions of the permit. Not long ago the Park Police took down all the gear of the finish line of a marathon along the Potomac precisely because the number of runners had been exceeded. Imagine the deisappointment of the runners at the finish, some of them trying to qualify for Boston. The training tris are great and we need to keep them going.

I tried to register but I was too late. I did last training tri. Count me in as a volunteer. It's only fair, so others can play this time.
Manuela

jgeldner    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 7/05/09 6:24 PM

How do I sign up as a volunteer? I've done a few of these and feel like its time to give back...
jgeldner@gmail.com

jerrys's ravatar jerrys    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 7/05/09 8:03 PM

Hi Lisa and others:
Hey sorry for the somewhat sharp words about the practice tri being closed so soon. On this end, it was partially frustration with life in Washington DC: traffic that does not move, 1-2 hour waits to get into restaurants and now a practice race full to capacity. Now I know the reason for limiting participation- the limit on the number of participants that use the pool, as permitted by the East Potomac Park. This makes perfect sense to me now. Thanks for the explanation. As in the past, I'll volunteer on the 12th.
Jerry

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 7/05/09 8:49 PM

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but the training triathlon for next Sunday, July 12th is full! Some people have asked about a waiting list and there isn't one. If you are registerered for the race, you will be receiving an e-mail from me about the race.

Thanks to those who have offered to volunteer. I will be sending out an e-mail by Thursday about specific duties, etc. If you did not receive an email from me, please send one to me at racedirector@dctriclub.org. Also, we are still in need of a few more volunteers. Right now, we have 11 and could use 4-6 more. Thanks! -Hugh

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/05/09 10:55 PM

Jerry,

Were you unable to participate in the last practice triathlon???

hannanguyen    JOINED: 5/19/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 7/06/09 1:13 PM

I registered 2 people and now I have to cancel because of some rearranged vacation plans. How do I effectively "unfill" my spots?

Thanks!
Hanna

sschulman's ravatar sschulman    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/06/09 5:27 PM

I'll be happy to take one of those spots off your hands, if you'd like Hanna. (Or I'll even wear a wig and be a "Hannah" for the race.) -- Steven Schulman, sschulman@akingump.com

janealonso's ravatar janealonso    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 7/06/09 5:32 PM

I'd also love to take one of those spots!

Jane Alonso
jane_alonso@yahoo.com

marvin2009    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 7/06/09 7:39 PM

To the next person who has signed up but will need to cancel their registration for this Sunday's practice Tri, I'd like to fill in for you.

Marvin Morris
marvinomorris@gmail.com

ladegaard    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/06/09 8:02 PM

...and for the next cancellation: I would like to fill in for you. Thanks.

Peter Ladegaard
Peter_Ladegaard@hotmail.com

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 48
POSTED: 7/06/09 9:14 PM

In for volunteering!

This is probably my favorite event to volunteer for.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria