Has anyone done CDA before? I leave in a week and a half for my first IM ever and would love any tips! For instance, do you think I could survive with just a lycra cap or is Neoprene really the way to go? Any last minute tips or suggestions would be awesome!
Hi, I completed IM-CDA in '09 and '10. Here are a few tips that may help.
1. Arrive early, Wednesday if possible.
2. Check-in and pick up your packet on Thursday. Friday will be swamped. Do not spend too much time on your feet hanging around the Athletes Village. It can get crowded and busy. Get in and out.
3. Drive the bike course if you can. It is a different course than a few years ago.
4. Bike the run course on either Thursday or Friday (hopefully you are using TriBike Transport).
5. Do a practice swim on Friday/Saturday. Aquaint yourself with the lake.
6. Familiarize yourself with T-1 and T-2 areas. Do this on Saturday when you drop off your bike and run bags. Overplan and pack plenty of gear for these bags.
7. The lake water is usually in the low 60s. Plan to use the neoprene cap.
8. Have fun and enjoy the city of Couer d'Alene. The people are so friendly and your will be treated to beautiful scenary.
Good luck and looking forward to the race report.
I agree w/ all Hugh's points. Definitely get the neoprene cap. You won't regret it.