Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

The Armstrong Lie - new documentary showing in DC and Bethesda on Fri, November 15
CREATED: 11/08/13 by simba2109 REPLIES: 4
simba2109's ravatar simba2109    JOINED: 6/23/11    POSTS: 57
The Armstrong Lie - new documentary showing in DC and Bethesda on Fri, November 15
POSTED: 11/08/13 10:04 AM

In 2008, Academy Award winning filmmaker Alex Gibney set out to make a documentary about Lance Armstrong's comeback to the world of competitive cycling. Charting Armstrong's life-story (and given unprecedented access to both the Tour and Armstrong), Gibney began filming what he initially envisioned as the ultimate comeback story — Armstrong's return from his 2005 retirement and his attempt to win his eighth Tour. Gibney set out to chronicle a comeback, but instead the film emerges as a riveting insider's view, chronicling the collapse of one of the greatest sports legends of our time. As Lance Armstrong tells Gibney's camera: "I didn't live a lot of lies, but I lived one big one." http://www.sonyclassics.com/thearmstronglie/site/

I was fortunate to view a private screening of the film before it's release and definitely recommend it! For what it's worth, the film has also received amazing reviews.

There is now a small national roll-out schedule, including November 15 at the E-Street Cinema in D.C. and Bethesda Row Cinema in Bethesda. Looks like for now it's one night only both places, but if the smaller scale release gets a good reception Sony will roll this out for a longer duration.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 429
RE: The Armstrong Lie - new documentary showing in DC and Bethesda on Fri, November 15
POSTED: 11/08/13 1:29 PM

Link for tickets? The site sent me to Fandango which returned not results. Check Bethesda Row and no luck there as well.

Thanks, Brady

simba2109's ravatar simba2109    JOINED: 6/23/11    POSTS: 57
RE: The Armstrong Lie - new documentary showing in DC and Bethesda on Fri, November 15
POSTED: 11/08/13 1:40 PM

I tried to search fandango as well but it wouldn't let me search that far in advance for tickets. My advice would be to check the theater websites and fandango next week.

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 535
POSTED: 11/08/13 2:00 PM

Thanks for posting. Very cool that you got a pre-screening!
Landmark theatres website says it coming to E Street in DC but no date.
In for catching it! Trailer
- Adam

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
RE: The Armstrong Lie
POSTED: 11/21/13 6:01 AM

Fandango is now showing an opening date of Fri. Nov. 22, at E Street Cinema and AMC Loews Shirlington.

http://www.fandango.com/thearmstronglie_167780/movietimes?location=washington,%20dc&date=11%2f22%2f2013

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria