Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Kick-off to NCC Run Month: Sunday, February 3, Morning
CREATED: 01/19/13 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 48
jaimeharris    JOINED: 1/31/13    POSTS: 1
RE: Kick-off to NCC Run Month: Sunday, Fe
POSTED: 2/02/13 3:46 AM

I just joined the club, so I'm looking forward to a first event. This seems like a good one. I'm still deciding if I'll do the trails or the road, but planning for 9 miles.

What is the parking situation? Is it easy to find parking? Any suggestions or links to a map would be much appreciated. I plan to drive from Penn Quarter if anyone needs a ride.

Thanks!

-Jaime

JessO's ravatar JessO    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 66
RE: Kick-off to NCC Run Month: Sunday, February 3, Morning
POSTED: 2/02/13 7:38 AM

look at this thread! awesome. I'll be out there at 9am - doing a modified me/jess oldham :) (great names, Alejandro!). planning 15-16: standard loop (K&P) + an out & back on Beach [better pound some pavement].

Parking shouldn't be bad, Jaime. there is a nice size lot across the street from Pierce Mill - which is essentially where Beach Dr crosses Tilden. when that fills, there's plenty of street parking adjacent to it.

Thx for organizing at Jakes, Adam! I've other brunch plans, but may pop in for a Bloody Mary. they used to run bottomless Bloody Marys and Mimosas on Sundays....could be trouble if they still do!

for the newbies - RCP isn't very technical. nice to have trail kicks, but you'd definitely be fine in road running shoes.

TDPrange's ravatar TDPrange    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 2/03/13 11:17 AM

If we are new to the club how does one go about participating in the NCC and help the club out?

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
POSTED: 2/03/13 12:32 PM

Trent, at this point it's too lake to register for the 2012-2013 NCC. Our two teams are full and we only have one month to go. But We will open registration for 2013-2014 in November and for next year my goal is to have 3 teams!

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 2/03/13 2:01 PM

Hey there brunchers- I went back to Jake's to retrieve a forgotten item and also came out with a black nike beanie- if it's yours let me know, I'll bring it to Ron's spin class next Sat. Great to see you all and I definitely want another shot at those trails.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 251
POSTED: 2/03/13 3:11 PM

It's mine. Thank you, thank you! I'll be at Sat spin next week.

Andrea

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1051
POSTED: 2/03/13 3:31 PM

Thanks to everyone who organized this week. Now that you know the ropes, please join us more often. We generally have 8-10 regulars out there every Sunday at 9:00 and always want more company.

If you want to come again, follow this thread for the weekly runs: http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=7C8248F1-F50A-420A-EBCC9825CC582F8C&page=29ȶ

Travis

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 368
RE: Kick-off to NCC Run Month: Sunday, February 3
POSTED: 2/06/13 6:58 PM

Great times at the run and brunch last week! Not to take anyone away from the Sunday fun run at our partner shop =PR= in Ballston, VA but if there's interest in tackling and/or trying to figure out those fun RCP trails again followed by brunch at Jake's, let's hear it!
Say if you're in for the Sunday RCP run and/or Brunch at Jake's at
this thread. We'd like Jake's to know how many to expect!!
If the Sunday =PR= run is more to your liking, check out this thread.
- Adam | Training & Racing
PS We'll hit up the tables and grab a pint or two after brunch at Comet across the street!

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 177
POSTED: 2/09/13 1:28 PM

For those of you wanting a Sunday long run option south of the river (and one that doesn't involve trails), =PR= just put together a series of runs just for NCC participants for the remainder of February. Though open to the rest of the DC Tri Club membership and utilized by our training programs, there will be a special prize for the NCC athlete logging the most miles at these February =PR= runs... A FREE PAIR OF SHOES!!! So join us for the Tu / Th evening all-comers group runs and these Sunday DCTC runs and log those miles!!! Here are the details...

SUNDAY MORNING LONG RUNS
Time: 8:45 a.m.
Where: =PR= Arlington, 3924 Wilson Blvd Arlington, Va 22203

Course Maps:

the "Mount Suribachi" which is a short run down to the Iwo Jima Memorial and back (~5 miles)
http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/171198544

the "Rough Rider" which is the medium route around Roosevelt Island and back (~8 miles)
http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/171199208

the "Old Glory" run which is a long run passing by national monuments, parks, and historic landmarks too numerous to name (~12 miles)
http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/171200452

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria