Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Saturday Morning B/BB Group Ride
CREATED: 04/07/11 by carrieacampbell REPLIES: 53
carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
Saturday Morning B/BB Group Ride
POSTED: 4/07/11 9:20 PM

Last year, I tried to start a group ride for those of us who ride in the 15-17mph range. A few of us went out a couple of times, but I didn't really organize anything. I'm going to be on top of things this year & get this group going. I know there are plenty of people in the club who ride at a moderate pace & I would love to go out with you guys.

Rides will be on Saturday mornings. The first ride will be May 14, the weekend after PeasantMan, and we will continue through October, weather permitting. We will meet at Glen Echo Park, so it will be easily accessible to people from DC, VA & MD. There is plenty of parking there as well as restrooms. Start time will be anywhere from 7-8:30am, with adjustments made for weather & ride distance. We will start at 40 miles & gradually increase weekly. Yours truly is training for Bike to the Beach July 29, so we will definitely ride 90 miles before then. This will be a no-drop training ride, with regrouping stops at designated places. You should feel comfortable riding at least 20 miles without stopping before joining the group.

To clarify, below is the table I used to classify this ride:
(Full disclosure: I'm a little slower than this on some hills)

Ride Average Riding Speed
Class Hilly Moderate Flat

B 12-14 14-16 16-18
BB 14-16 16-18 18-20

If you would like to join this group, please post your e-mail address to this thread or e-mail me at carrieacampbell@gmail.com. I will send out a weekly e-mail with information & a cue sheet.

RE: Saturday Morning B/BB Group Ride
POSTED: 4/15/11 12:55 AM

Bump

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 4/15/11 8:40 AM

Hi Carrie!

I added this ride to the calendar and the regularly schedule workouts section of the web site.

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

--Abby

jschi633    JOINED: 5/16/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 5/19/11 1:53 PM

Good Afternoon,

I would like to join this group ride. Can you please add jschilders2@gmail.com to the email.

Thanks! See you Saturday
John

Lisamk1034    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 5/27/11 8:08 AM

Hi!

I'd also like to join the ride -- can you add lmkohl@gmail.com to the list?

Thanks!

kgbailey    JOINED: 3/21/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/07/11 11:50 PM

This sounds great - I'd love to join in. Would you mind adding me to the list? Thank you!
bailey.kathryn@gmail.com

Dammiles    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 6/09/11 2:52 PM

Hello,

need to strat doing some training again so would be keen to join in with this - dammiles@hotmail.com.

Cheers
Dave

POSTED: 6/09/11 9:19 PM

The ride will be starting at 7am beginning this Saturday. We will be riding 63 miles. If you would like to join the e-mail list, please contact me. Here is the link for this weekend's ride:
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/36822622/

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 267
POSTED: 6/09/11 9:46 PM

Hi Carrie,
Will you add me to the ride list? I'll be out on saturday as long as the rain holds out. J@jbrez.com

Thanks!
Jason

bde1222's ravatar bde1222    JOINED: 7/13/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 6/10/11 8:04 AM

Could you add me to the list? I am interested, and this B/BB pace is more my cup of tea as a swimmer, my email address is bde1222@gmail.com. Thanks!

Bryan

Du2Tri    JOINED: 5/31/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/10/11 2:23 PM

Hi Carrie,
Please add me to your distro. I'll be there Saturday. du2tri2002@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Lisa

Abbs    JOINED: 5/2/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/11/11 1:54 AM

please add me...ertravelingrnrrt2006@yahoo.com
i get off some sat/sun mornings at 730am, so i couldnt make it when you leave as early as you do when i work, but otherwise i am looking forward to this on my days off.
thanks!

waimingloh    JOINED: 5/1/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 6/12/11 4:29 PM

Hi
I'll be in DC from July 1st so hope to make it that weekend.

Please add me to the list:
waimingloh@Hotmail.com

Also, I'm just moving to the US for the summer with my girlfriend, so am looking forward to meeting some people.

See you all soon.

Wai

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
POSTED: 6/13/11 9:31 AM

Please add me, thanks, need to live on my bike in the runup to Bike Virginia.

kimberrankin    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 6/13/11 11:47 AM

Hi -
Will you please add me to this list? Thanks, Kimber
kimberrankin@yahoo.com

MCarson22    JOINED: 1/16/11    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 6/28/11 3:00 PM

Hi,

Please add me to the list as well. Are you planning on riding this weekend? How far?

Thanks!

Matt

carsoncrossley@gmail.com

DMarie's ravatar DMarie    JOINED: 11/30/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 6/28/11 3:08 PM

Please add bowen.diana@gmail.com. Thanks, Carrie!

baumdiggs    JOINED: 7/13/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 6/28/11 5:23 PM

Please add christina.baumgardner@gmail.com. Thanks!

waimingloh    JOINED: 5/1/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 6/29/11 2:47 PM

Hi, I'm going to be moving to DC tomorrow so will be new to the area. I want to make it out this weekend for a ride, but have no idea of the geography of the area.
I'll be staying in Hyattsville so can anyone let me know where and when to meet. Also, if anyone is setting off from near the area can I maybe join you?
I don't have a car so will either have to ride to the meet or take public transport.
Thanks.

POSTED: 6/30/11 2:36 PM

Here is the e-mail I sent out for this week's ride:

Hello Riders,

As you all know, I am using these Saturday rides as my training for the Bike to the Beach Century July 29. I set the rides up to start from Glen Echo Park in part because riding through Potomac & Poolesville is one of the easiest ways around here to get long rides in. However, my century will be flat & Poolesville is very hilly. In addition to that, my asthma which hasn't bothered me for years has returned with a vengeance this year & makes riding hills difficult (and pretty scary) for me. Given those factors, I am moving the remainder of the rides to the W&OD Trail. Last week, we rode the W&OD from DC which involved lots of connections & road crossings. This weekend, I plan to ride 70 miles on the trail starting in Dunn Loring. This puts you farther out on the trail where there is less traffic on the trail & fewer road crossings. This parking lot is near mile marker 9 of the 44.5 mile trail, which would give us exactly 70 miles of riding.

Directions to the Dunn Loring parking lot: Take I-495 to the Gallows Road/Route 50 exit and follow the signs towards Gallows Road north (right turn on Gallows). Go past the trail, turn right on Idylwood Road, turn right on Sandburg Street. Gravel lots on both sides of road at trail. Please carpool out if you go as parking is limited. There are other nearby parking options so you can park elsewhere & ride to the meeting point. Here is a link to the parking lots along the trail: http://www.wodfriends.org/parking.html

We will leave promptly at 7am!! I will be riding at a moderate effort level, trying to maintain a 15-17mph average pace.

Regrouping stops:
1) Smiths Switch Station between mile markers 25.5 & 26. There are bathrooms and a water fountain there.
2) Turnaround at mile marker 44.5 & N. 21st St in Loudoun County
3) Again at Smiths Switch Station
*any other stops requested along the way

I hope to see many of you Saturday morning!

Carrie

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria