DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Beach 2 Battleship Sign Up
CREATED: 06/13/10 by nomisdc REPLIES: 22
nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
Beach 2 Battleship Sign Up
POSTED: 6/13/10 6:13 PM

FYI,
http://www.beach2battleship.com has 100 slots left for the Half. Sign up now to get in on the action.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
RE: Beach 2 Battleship Sign Up
POSTED: 6/14/10 7:40 AM

...and so that everyone knows it looks like there is a decent sized group of it looks like ten or so of us planning on going down so far, so you won't be alone in the action if you sign up. At least three of us are making this our first half!

H

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 6/15/10 11:00 AM

....51 spots left...looks like there are around ten of us DC Tri'ers so far that I know of headed down..

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 6/15/10 5:43 PM

Unfortunately, I can't make it this year, but....

Beach2Battleship, 5th Best Iron Distance Event in the World
North Carolina Iron Distance Triathlon Ranked Among the Best in the World

Wilmington, N.C. -- Beach2Battleship Iron Distance Triathlon has been ranked fifth on a list of Best Distance Races in the World, according to the March issue of Triathlete magazine. The Wilmington, North Carolina race is one of two American races listed among the top 10, with the Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii sitting at the top of the list.

"We are amazed and proud that after only two years our Beach2Battleship Triathlon has been ranked among the top in the World," said Dick Jones, executive director, YMCA. "It's a tribute to everyone involved in putting the event together - the Wilmington Family YMCA, the event committee, our 800 volunteers and of course, the athletes."

This year will mark the 3rd annual event, which takes place on November 13, 2010 starting in Wrightsville Beach and ending at the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial in Wilmington. Over 5,000 spectators are expected to attend the race, bringing a total $3 million to the Cape Fear region. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Wilmington Family YMCA.

Beach2Battleship, named among the top 100 triathlons in the world by Triathlete magazine in 2009, is one of 15 iron distance triathlons in the U.S. The Iron Distance Triathlon includes a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and a 26.2 mile run, and offers a half triathlon course as well. Nearly 2,000 participants from over 40 states and a dozen nations compete in the event, which is produced by Set Up Events. For more information on Beach2Battleship, visit www.beach2battleship.com.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
POSTED: 6/15/10 10:04 PM

In, doing the full as a relay with Strohl. We need a swimmer. Anyone up for swimming 2.4 miles?

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 212
POSTED: 6/16/10 8:00 AM

Ryan- I'm in for the relay.

Also... for anyone who was thinking about doing this race, registration for the half closed out last night. The full is still open with plenty of spots left.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
POSTED: 10/28/10 9:09 PM

In. IM AV.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 10/29/10 9:30 AM

I would only do the full if I can pay a $1000 access fee on top of my registration. Ok, joking aside, there is no way I can do a full.

Good luck everyone. I am waiting for the VTS series to be announced so I can find some races closer to home.

Beach 2 Battleship Roll Call
POSTED: 11/07/10 7:18 PM

Modifying this post slightly to get an official roll call going for B2B 70.3 and B2B IM. Here is who I have on the radar heading down to accomplish this late season race:

70.3:
Hillary Peabody - First 70.3!
Anna McGeehan - First 70.3!
Rhyne Beniga - First 70.3
Ellen Wexler
CaseyCreech
Simon Hernaez
Tony Consoldane
Katherine Liola
Karen Younkins
Bryan Evangelista

IM:
Myself - First IM!
Carol Cohen
John Hutchinson - First IM!
Al Manning
Shannon Kane - First IM!
Ed Moser - AV Option

Super booyah fans:
Matt Ferguson
Adriana & Matt
Stephen Simmons

Trained Their @$$'s off but life is cruel w/ injury
Emily Long

Who am I missing out there?

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 97
POSTED: 11/08/10 1:48 PM

If anyone has an extra spot in their car for me & my bike going down, please let me know. I'm at clcohen at gmail. I'm sorted for the ride back home.
cheers,
Carol

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 11/08/10 2:14 PM

I'm doing the swim leg of a full relay, so I'll be cheering the rest of you on for the remainder of the day.

Steph

mikeO's ravatar mikeO    JOINED: 7/6/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 11/08/10 6:49 PM

I am doing the IM distance...
probably grabbing a ride thursday morning down to NC...
Is there any talk about a Friday warmup training session? S/B/R

Mike O

POSTED: 11/08/10 7:14 PM

Check out the B2B Forum for more detials but right now it looks like a group is meeting up at 9am on Friday morning at the Blockade Runner Beach Resort for a practice swim. I'm planning on heading down to partake, followed by a very short bike and run to rejuvinate the legs.

The Blockade Runner Beach Resort
275 Waynick Boulevard
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480

Here is the forum post:

http://beachtobattleship.freeforums.org/practice-swims-before-race-day-t373.html

POSTED: 11/09/10 1:47 PM

I've signed up too for the post-race cruise around Wilmington and Cape Fear. And for the complimentary dinner Thursday night.

POSTED: 11/09/10 1:47 PM

I've signed up too for the post-race cruise around Wilmington and Cape Fear. And for the complimentary dinner Thursday night.

katelynnmc's ravatar katelynnmc    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 11/09/10 3:48 PM

I am also doing the relay. If anyone wants to run a marathon, please join our team! We need a runner.

Katelynn

ellenwex's ravatar ellenwex    JOINED: 11/16/09    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 11/14/10 10:18 AM

CONGRATS! to all the IM finishers! Ryan, Carol, Mike O - and others - you all put up great times on a (in my opinion) course that was way more challenging than advertised!

POSTED: 11/14/10 10:58 AM

Ellen second (or first?) in AG. Carol Cohen 11:53 IM. Anna McGeehan 1st AG Half, and her dad may have won the IM aquabike (that's one gene-ial family). Stephanie/Tina, the latter visually challeged, from Team Z/DCT, swam the IM leg tethered together.

POSTED: 11/14/10 8:03 PM

Great job this weekend everyone! Race report will be on its way in the next few days. Can't wait to hear everyone's personal story...

ssinclai's ravatar ssinclai    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 45
POSTED: 11/14/10 10:06 PM

Hours later, I can say my brain and body has thawed. Now I am just achy. SMDH.

Congratulations to all the finishers! It was great to see so many of you out there.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria