Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

OWS practice
CREATED: 02/17/11 by tgalbert REPLIES: 6
tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 401
OWS practice
POSTED: 2/17/11 8:46 AM

I'm thinking of heading out to Lake Anna for an open water swim practice one morning one of these weekends, haven't decided yet which, before Rumpus in the Bumpass.

Anyone have any interest in getting out for some time in something other than a pool?

Trevor

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
RE: OWS practice
POSTED: 2/17/11 9:11 AM

I usually start my open water swims around early April, but I swim at Sandy Point due to it's convenience for me. If this weather trend continues, I might be out there by late March.

-Hugh

jgoodine's ravatar jgoodine    JOINED: 12/31/10    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 3/14/11 9:51 PM

Hey- i know you posted these awhile back, but i'm new the DC Tri Club and doing my first Tri this summer and would love any kind of exposure to swimming before my actual race. It's defintely my weakest event at this point. I'm also kind of new to the area so i'd love to check out the state parks around here (and it seems like Lake Anna has a lot of events). So let me know if you are heading there any time soon. I'm gone this weekend and the first one in april but around the last weekend in march and the rest of the weekends in april. I joined NTP so i have some clinics but i can work around those. Also a past rugby player...this is quite the switch in sports. :)

-jess

POSTED: 3/14/11 10:00 PM

Jess,
I have a distro of some folks coming to Lake Anna with me over a couple weekends starting in about 2 weeks. Email me and I'll get you on it, yeah? We plan to swim, bike, and maybe do some camping on the lake (have a friend with lakefront property). I'd be glad to have you along!

trevor(dot)albert(at)gmail

Trevor

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1713
POSTED: 3/14/11 10:06 PM

There was some talk at the CU swim tonight of a possible Sandy Pt. swim this Friday, with temps forecast for 70. Stay tuned; we'll see.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
POSTED: 3/14/11 10:19 PM

There's gonna be plenty of swimming Thursday evening wth it being St. Patrick's Day.

POSTED: 3/14/11 10:21 PM

Fact.
... and this weekend at Shamrock marathon. Thank you, Yeungling!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria