DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

transitioning from half-marathon to NTP
CREATED: 03/23/09 by mark REPLIES: 3
mark    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
transitioning from half-marathon to NTP
POSTED: 3/23/09 12:01 PM

hi all
i recently finished my first 13.1 and have been on that training plan since january and now that im done (woot) should i just dive right into the NTP training guide?

i'm feeling pretty good -- a little residual ankle pain and some other misc soreness but nothing too bad.

thanks for any suggestions.
mark

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
RE: transitioning from half-marathon to NTP
POSTED: 3/23/09 12:16 PM

Congrats on your first 1/2 marathon! You shouldn't have any problems jumping right into the NTP training program. The runs are pretty short right now, and the biking and swimming will actually be really good for your recovery. Just listen to how your body is feeling and go from there.

jonwolfsthal's ravatar jonwolfsthal    JOINED: 3/22/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 3/23/09 11:39 PM

Mark:

welcome to NTP. The half-marathon will give you a great base for your tri training. The most interesting adjustment (if you are anything like me) will be spending more time on the bike and less on the pavement but over time, I came to be amazed at how my running endurance was enhanced by my time in the saddle without the impact of running.

But agree with sandy - recovery is key and then you'll have a great base for all of your zone 2 training!

mark    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 3/24/09 9:01 AM

thanks for the tips guys! i am looking forward to a more diverse workout routine.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria