Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

old race shirts
CREATED: 05/08/13 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 3
ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
old race shirts
POSTED: 5/08/13 1:12 PM

I'm in the process of unpacking all my belongings and realized that I have a couple boxes of old race shirts. I've been keeping ALL my races shirts since I decided to get in shape 7 years ago. I feel like I need to start getting rid of some but want to know what people do with theirs. Keep, throw away, keep some, other options?

denaindc's ravatar denaindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 146
RE: old race shirts
POSTED: 5/08/13 1:26 PM

keeping and was planning to make a quilt out of the shirts. probably have enough shirts to make multiple quilts at this point.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
POSTED: 5/08/13 8:54 PM

Alejandro, you have to make a t-shirt quilt. I had one done with 50 of my favorite shirts/races. I'm gonna get one done of my first 26 marathons. I use 'Mary's Custom Quilts' out of Virginia Beach. The tech shirts are okay to put on the quilt.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 5/09/13 1:02 PM

Yes, but the whole tech t-shirt thing really ruins the quilt. Works much better with cotton t-shirts. My sister in law made a quilt for me. The other 8 bags of shirts I had went to a charity organization. Now, I try and resist getting the t shirt if they are optional.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria