DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ladies Cycling and Tri Shorts
CREATED: 05/12/09 by chad0022 REPLIES: 3
chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 326
Ladies Cycling and Tri Shorts
POSTED: 5/12/09 11:50 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering, what are your favorite bike shorts? My favorite are quickly wearing out and just wondering the brand/style you are willing to pay close to or over $100.

Also, what about tri shorts? I tend to change in port-o-potties and have really REALLY long T1 and T2 times.

Thanks
Amanda

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
RE: Ladies Cycling and Tri Shorts
POSTED: 5/12/09 12:42 PM

I may have posted this before, but I can't say enough about the Terry Bella shorts - well worth every 90 dollars spent.

I tried finding cheaper shorts and wasted much time and money before going back and buying another pair of the Bellas. I never think about them which is exactly what I want from my bike clothes. I got mine at teamestrogen.com

haven't found any tri shorts that I love though....

alya72's ravatar alya72    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 5/12/09 1:39 PM

For tri shorts for races, I have used the Pearl Izumi tri shorts for four seasons. They are really lightweight and dry very quickly but with enough padding that I did my IMs in them. The only downside is that they are pretty lowrise in front (not at all in back), so if my jersey rides up you get a nice view of my pale, jiggly midsection.

Amy

PS-I love PI shorts and bibs for the bike, too-all that I wear, really.

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 5/12/09 2:11 PM

I have always gone w/ TitanWear (www.titanwear.com) for my tri shorts. I got frustrated w/ Zoot and DeSoto and other common brands being too small - even for XL. I know they should fit kinda snug for racing but they were way too snug for my liking and the inseam too short. The Titan tri shorts are a little longer in the leg than other brands but I liked that as well. Plus you can't beat their price - $28.00/pair. I also get their swim suits which are around $24-$29. I found out about Titan clothes because the guy who owns it was on another tri site/forum I visited a few years ago and I wanted to support him as he started up his business. Great customer service and easy to return stuff if you get the wrong size. They also have some bike shorts for $32.00 but the pad is so big it feels like you're in a diaper.

Hope this helps

Em

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria