Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

What Gear/Equip will Universally work for Everyone?
CREATED: 07/01/09 by vatriathlete REPLIES: 8
vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
What Gear/Equip will Universally work for Everyone?
POSTED: 7/01/09 9:44 AM

question for everyone.

is there 1 piece of gear/equipment that you feel will work 100% of the time for 100% of people?

i'm talking a specific thing, pedals, waterbottle, bike, clothing, etc... a specific brand/make/model of something that you feel will without fail everyone and anyone will like?

I ask this question because I'm curious as to what people have used that they feel may be something that will work for not just most people but everyone.

I usually tout that nothing is appropriate 100% of the time for 100% of people but there are a few products that i feel will fit in this category.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1319
RE: What Gear/Equip will Universally work for Everyone?
POSTED: 7/01/09 9:59 AM

No such thing. Even E=mc2 has its postulates.

POSTED: 7/01/09 10:03 AM

lol funny

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/01/09 10:08 AM

Training(proper training and not over training)... it helps 100% of the time.

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 249
POSTED: 7/01/09 10:25 AM

a Road ID. No one should train without one. A little insurance never hurts. Not equipment, but I classify it as gear.

also, carrying $10-20 is also a pretty good idea. never know when you might need a cab to get home from a training ride/run that went awry.

POSTED: 7/01/09 10:42 AM

yes the $10-20 cash is essential equipment that works everytime. for a tire boot or just cab fare or "bonk recovery" ice cream.

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 7/01/09 10:50 AM

Water, I'd bring water on a training run or ride. And cell phone as well.

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 7/01/09 12:55 PM

Hmm. I like that the answers being given are steered toward safety even though I don't think we're being as specific as asked. Safety first, everyone! So along that line...in general I've found that while bike clothing will not save your life, it will save your skin (and saving your skin is not unimportant: nasty road rash + dirty roads = serious infection potential). Assuming that most people don't ride naked, we're covered on the wear-something-on-top and wear-something-on-bottom fronts (now I will wait for the naked riding comments...).

Therefore, assuming that a bike helmet is a given, I'm going to throw out bike gloves. Not for racing, but you should be wearing them on every training ride, even if you spend most of your time in your aerobars and don't need the padding per se. If you go down you're going to throw your hands out to brace your fall and if you're wearing gloves they're going to take the rip and tear of the asphalt, not your skin. They have saved me many times.

sstriguy's ravatar sstriguy    JOINED: 6/18/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 7/01/09 3:35 PM

I would have answered "clothes" until I caught this listing for the Bare Hare (clothing optional) Duathlon:

http://www.findsportsnow.com/sports/listing/9748/bare-hare-duathlon

I missed it this year because it was the day before the Dextro Tri, but I'm all over that next year. The DC tri club should send some ambassadors to the wild North to do the race next year. We could paint the club colors on our bodies. I wonder if body glide counts as clothing?

Mark

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria