DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DC Tri Finish - Getting Back to TA
CREATED: 06/14/10 by breeyag REPLIES: 4
breeyag's ravatar breeyag    JOINED: 4/13/09    POSTS: 17
DC Tri Finish - Getting Back to TA
POSTED: 6/14/10 11:44 AM

Hi all,

I'll apologize if this has already come up, but I didn't find it on a quick search.

I'm doing the DC Tri Sprint this weekend and was taking a look at the maps. Am I incorrect, or is the run finish almost 2 miles away from the Transition Area? Does this mean all participants have to walk back to the TA to pick up their bikes? I'm just trying to plan everything out and figure out how much time I'll need after the race to get home for Father's Day. If I have to walk back to the TA, I'm guessing it will be a lot more! :) Thanks,

Rish

Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 68
RE: DC Tri Finish - Getting Back to TA
POSTED: 6/14/10 12:00 PM

They'll have a shuttle running back to the transition area. They said that you might have to wait a little bit, but they will be taking people back to the transition area.

Chad's ravatar Chad    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 6/14/10 2:29 PM

The shuttle is utter chaos (at least at Nation's Tri it was).

Best bet is to run back, it will help loosen the legs up too!

breeyag's ravatar breeyag    JOINED: 4/13/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 6/17/10 8:56 AM

Thanks for the replies Chad and Nate. I'll probably plan to walk back to the TA. Any idea how insane the bag check area will be (or was at Nations)? I may check a change of clothes and flip-flops there so I don't have to make the trek back in my tri outfit.

bhuge    JOINED: 5/23/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/17/10 4:30 PM

Bag check at Nations was manageable and there was about 2000 more attendees. Consider the distance to the TA, wise choice to pack the bag so you have some dry clothes, etc when you finish! Agree that a light jog back to TA is the way to go.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria