DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Website Updates
CREATED: 02/18/11 by pserfass REPLIES: 21
pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 427
Website Updates
POSTED: 2/18/11 12:24 AM

Hey Folks,

So for the last major upgrade, the Race section of the website, a thread was organically started
http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=A7B66FA4-D485-3ED0-BE80B884DE6E44AF
and from that it seems like there's a need to both share more details about website upgrades that the Board is undertaking, and allow you the opportunity to provide feedback if (*gasp*) it's not totally perfect when we roll out something new.

So here it goes. We don't want to turn this into a micromanagement free-for-all, but we are genuinely interested in constructive feedback (and compliments of course!).

Latest upgrades this month:

Calendar!
This is the FUN one! Go to the home page and check out the "calendar view" option below the Events and Workouts sections. The intention is to give you one place to see all the events going on at one time. We're going to be adding in the races soon too and increasing the contrast on the dates, so stay tuned... (did you notice the fun swim/bike/run icons for different workouts?)

Membership Reminders
Now, when you log-in, if your membership has expired or you're within 30 days of expiration, you'll get a reminder at the top of the screen to tell you so. Want to check when your actual expiration date is? Login, go to Members at the top right and click on Manage Profile.

Webuser Warning
For all you webusers (people who have logged into the site, but don't have a current membership--this includes members whose membership has expired), you'll now get a warning that you won't be able to post on the forum (just read), starting March 15. If you'd like to participate in the forum (and we hope you will!), please renew or buy a membership in the shop! I mean, seriously, it's $35 and you get a t-shirt, goodies and discounts all over town through our many wonderful merchant partners. Hook a brutha up and join!

Membership Goodies Lost?
Many of you haven't ever received your membership goodies (t-shirt, hat, etc.) because we don't know where you live. We fixed a few of the loopholes that allow you to join or renew your membership without giving us your address. Most of you won't see these changes, but we're hoping it will help us to make sure you all get your stuff. Want to check to see if your address is in your profile? Login, go to Members at the top right and click on Manage Profile.

Better/Smarter Access to Restricted Forums
There's more detail under this topic than may be worth sharing, but suffice it to say that we're trying to improve the usability of restricted parts of the forum. That way, it's more user-friendly for those of you who HAVE paid for DC Tri's coached programs as well as for those of you who COULDN'T CARE LESS and don't want the forum highlights box on the home page filled with stuff you don't have access to read. We hear you and we're working on it!

Some improvements are in place and more are coming. Stay tuned.

Thanks Blue on Blue for your hard work (and reasonable prices!)

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
RE: Website Updates
POSTED: 2/18/11 10:30 AM

Thanks, Patrick!

With the Calendar, I like seeing all the weekly/monthly events in one place for each month. Hadn't hardly known about stuff like the Gallaudet workout, and now there it is. It is hard, at least from my current location, to see the numbers for the days.

Nailing down people's addresses should help with delays in getting swag, long a problem.

I'm less sanguine about so much communication taking place now exclusively within the growing number of official training programs. This may have the unintended result of reducing helpful posts and cross-cutting exchange of knowledge within the club.

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
POSTED: 2/18/11 2:53 PM

Thank you Patrick for all of your hard work. These are very good improvements. Since I am a visual person, I, too, really like the calendar! Thanks again!

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
POSTED: 2/19/11 2:26 PM

I'm totally digging the calendar!! Thanks.

POSTED: 3/02/11 5:56 PM

More updates:

Calendar
Contrast has been increased and the races should be added within a week. I know the training coordinator has been working hard to make more training opportunities available so look out here or on other parts of the forum for information on that!

Longer Lasting Log-in
Now, once you log-in you won't have to log-in again on the same computer unless it's been 4 days since the last time you visited the website. We're working on restricting some website features to members only and therefore it's important for us to allow members to easily stay logged in for longer periods. Another step in that direction.

NOTE: if you still have to log-in each time you visit the site (and you didn't log out) try clearing your cache and other temporary files from your browser.

More updates coming in the next few days...

POSTED: 3/03/11 10:31 AM

RACES now on Calendar

Hi Everyone,
We added a big feature today. Now all events, workouts AND races are on the calendar
http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=calendar.welcome

This is also helping many of us see where the gaps are in regular club workouts. If you're interested in adding one or better yet, leading one, please email our tireless training coordinator at training@dctriclub.org

Enjoy!
Patrick

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 3/03/11 11:52 AM

The calendar, membership and log-in changes are awesome! Thanks to Blue on Blue, Patrick and the rest of the Board for these changes and the great communication to keep us in the loop!

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 217
POSTED: 3/23/11 8:15 PM

Some more website updates that were just launched:

(1) On the calendar, you can now filter by type of workout, events, and races. Check it out:
http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=calendar.welcome

(2) There are now "ShareThis" links all over the website, including on the forum, which allow you to easily share a link to that page with your friends.

We are still working to make the "longer lasting login" work for all users. We know that it gets tiring to have to log in each time you visit the website. We hope to get it resolved soon!

Please feel free to post your feedback and your suggested improvements here. No idea is too small or too big.

Thanks,
Kevin

POSTED: 3/29/11 7:26 PM

Update: The "longer lasting login" seems to be working better than before. If you are a frequent visitor to the forum (and really, who isn't?), let us know whether the website is letting you stay logged in from one day to the next.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 3/29/11 8:32 PM

I'm surprised there haven't been any 'longer lasting' jokes yet.

Thanks for everyone's hard work and dedication to making this the best triathlon club website out there. For those that never saw the old one... We've come a VERY long way.

Thank you!

POSTED: 3/30/11 12:48 PM

Like being able to filter the calendar by category. Makes the view of the calendar less messy.

Sometimes, maybe just me, get an unauthorized update type error message, when posting from iPhone or PC.

ShareThis is nice, makes posts of FB and other SN sites easy.

The Longer Lasting Log In saves key in time, and has been working on my computer for some time--even without benefit of Sildenafil Citrate...

Thanks!

POSTED: 4/02/11 1:18 AM

Forum: Coached Programs Restricted Access
The sections under coached programs in the forum are now restricted to the people who have paid for those coached programs (and their coaches/coordinators).

If you'd like to purchase a coached program for this year (Olympic, Half Ironman, or Ironman), just buy it in the shop. If you've shopped around for personal coaching, these are a STEAL!

Everyone who has purchased a 2011 coached program as of right now should have access. If you sign up after now, someone will need to give you access. Please email your coach, programs@dctriclub.org or me.

If you have trouble let us know!

POSTED: 4/10/11 11:42 PM

Having trouble posting on the forum if you'd been logged in for a while and THEN tried to post? Getting an error screen with tons of information on it?

Yeah, we noticed too. We think it's been fixed, but if you now have issues making routine posts to the forum, please let us know here.

POSTED: 4/11/11 8:47 AM

Thanks, Patrick... Seems to be working!

POSTED: 4/11/11 9:53 AM

Small tweak request, at the top of the home and other pages: Change "Mid Atlantic Club Champions 2008" to "Mid Atlantic Club Champtions 2005-2009". (And, hopefully, after Rockett's Landing, 2011).

POSTED: 4/11/11 11:42 AM

Good call.

POSTED: 4/11/11 11:48 AM

Is it 4 or 5?

I was thinking 5 time champs. 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, and '11. I guess '11 may be a little presumptuous. Especially since you won't have my points scoring that day since I'll be racing elsewhere. I hope my .5 point contribution doesn't keep us from winning.

POSTED: 4/12/11 1:00 PM

It's up: a new tagline in the masthead at the top of the page: 5-time mid-atlantic club champions

Thanks guys. Good suggestion.

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 5/19/11 2:57 PM

I'm still having trouble logging in/staying logged in :( I've gotten stuck trying to order gear twice and haven't been able to complete the order. I can usually log in once a day and post...but if I want to post something later on it doesn't work (i've tried deleting cookies, temp files, and whatever else I could find that I thought would get me logged back in without destroying my comp). BUT I restarted my computer today and was able to get back in, yay! But it would be nice if I didn't have to restart my computer to post :)

Everything else seems to be working great, thanks for the updates guys!

POSTED: 5/23/11 8:44 PM

Sorry for the login problems that some of you have been experiencing. Our developers have been working diligently to fix this, and believe they have the problem taken care of.

If you are logged in right now, I recommend logging out and then logging back in. If you continue to have problems after that, please let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria