DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Attack on Metro Branch Trail -- Be careful
CREATED: 06/12/13 by tkopan REPLIES: 3
tkopan's ravatar tkopan    JOINED: 4/7/12    POSTS: 44
Attack on Metro Branch Trail -- Be careful
POSTED: 6/12/13 9:41 AM

A cyclist was beaten on the Metropolitan Branch Trail:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/bicyclist-severely-beaten-on-dc-trail/2013/06/11/b61e2f3a-d300-11e2-8cbe-1bcbee06f8f8_story.html

With the stabbing on the Four Mile Run trail the other week...be careful out there!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Attack on Metro Branch Trail -- Be careful
POSTED: 6/12/13 1:59 PM

The latest on MBT is that there were up to 15 attackers - not sure I'll ever bike this trail.

Four Mile Run is also dicey - would not be caught there in the dark or at hours with less traffic.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 946
POSTED: 6/12/13 2:10 PM

I'll stick to my roads and trails of Montgomery County, thank you very much. They seem much safer (or we hide the crime reports much better).

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 6/12/13 7:58 PM

Yea, I've been riding on the MBT to and from work near Union Station the last couple months, and I have always known that it wasn't safe, but the crime usually doesn't happen during rush hour as I expect there are more passerbys. But this time, it happened during rush hour at 5:30PM, so I'm no longer biking on the MBT ever! Unfortunately, this means I'll have to take public transportation to work, because I took the road today, and the roads are pretty crazy on weekdays.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria