Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Who lives in the Old Town Alexandria area?
CREATED: 06/29/12 by jhull REPLIES: 8
jhull    JOINED: 5/31/12    POSTS: 29
Who lives in the Old Town Alexandria area?
POSTED: 6/29/12 11:00 AM

Just moved to Old Town area this Spring, and I'm in the process of training for a half iron distance race in the Fall. I've been all over the city, up the Vernon trail, around Hains Point, out Cameron Run, over into Maryland, and out 4-mile trail and beyond. I know there are a lot of group rides and runs but they all seem to be in the District or NW suburbs.

I'm looking for some other DC Tri folks to meet up maybe once or twice a week to group run or bike down in the Old Town area. If you're interested, post up and let me know what days/times might work. I usually train weekdays in the afternoons/evenings, and mornings on the weekend, but I'm flexible.

malloyrobert's ravatar malloyrobert    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 15
RE: Who lives in the Old Town Alexandria area?
POSTED: 6/29/12 12:20 PM

I live off the Mt. Vernon Trail at Collingwood. Mile marker 4. If you come down this way we can cut through Ft. Belvoir and go to Gunston Rd which leads to a Virginia State Park with nice shaded roads no traffice and then back.

Also, sometimes i meet up with a few people and do repeat sprints at Ft. Hunt Park (mile marker 3). The park is a 1.2 mile loop - no to little traffic.

Finally.... I will go down Mt. Vernon trail to 4 mile run... to W&OD trail to Custis which takes you back to Mt. Vernon at Georgtown and home. That is 37 miles.

Also- at the Belle View Marina on Saturday Mornings at 7:15 am is Potomac Runners. anywhere between 30 - 100 runners a weekend. Training for anything and everything. We've had olympic hopefuls in the group. No Cost... EVER.... Very worthwhile.

Send me a note - malloyrobert@gmail.com

brownnugen    JOINED: 3/23/14    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 3/27/14 7:57 PM

I live off of Ft Hunt Rd, near the marina. I would love to find some training partners (especially swimming). There is a Sunday group ride from Spokes in Belle Haven, leaves at 3 pm (at least before the winter hit). I've run with the Potomac Runners, they are a great group.

GabiT's ravatar GabiT    JOINED: 5/12/13    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 3/28/14 8:06 PM

My husband and I are in Old Town (King st metro area) and we're training for IM Louisville (late Aug). We'd def be interested in training with others especially as our mileage increases!
We have gone out on runs with Pacers on Tue and Thu (starts at 7pm). We have also been riding up to meet the Sat ride in DC.

russprice1's ravatar russprice1    JOINED: 3/14/14    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 5/09/14 10:37 PM

I live over by Van Dorn Metro and would like to link up with other riders and runners as well. Looking for a place to swim. Was thinking of Ft Belvior. I would like to find some other training opportunities here by the house.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
POSTED: 5/12/14 9:32 PM

I live in Huntington, swim often at Chinaquapin, and at National Harbor, look forward to the Old Town pool this summer, & regularly bike into DC along the Mt Vernon trail.

akbald01    JOINED: 1/11/14    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 6/19/14 6:48 AM

I run often with The Kingstowne Striders - group runs anywhere from Eisenhower Ave to Belle Haven (changes each time to switch up the routes) Tuesday/Thursday 6:30pm Saturday/Sunday 8am and track workouts on Wednesdays at Edison High School on Franconia Road just started last night (6:30pm) through late August. Great group, $20 membership for year to cover insurance, etc. Casual runners to serious marathons though I think I'm there only triathlete after our one Ironman just moved to Colorado last month. They host a couple fundraising 5k's through the year too. A couple of us bike to the runs (I live off Van Dorn myself and tackle that hill on Oakwood to get to the runs).

TDPrange's ravatar TDPrange    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 6/19/14 7:13 AM

The Pacers Running Store in Old Town also has quite a few organized runs. They are all cot free for the most part and have pretty good turn outs. For their long runs on the weekends they changes up the locations so it doesn't get stale and they always have lots of distance options off their routes.

pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 125
POSTED: 6/20/14 9:57 AM

I live off Franconia Rd. I do long rides here and there but sometimes I head down to Mason Neck via Beulah, Telegraph, Gunston, etc. to get in a 50 miler. As for running, normally just around my house or Burke Lake on occasion.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria