Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

2012 DC Marathon goes Rock 'n Roll
CREATED: 07/17/11 by kkaufer REPLIES: 3
kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
2012 DC Marathon goes Rock 'n Roll
POSTED: 7/17/11 4:51 PM

Just saw on their website that the DC Marathon is going Rock 'n Roll. Looks like there is an entire Rock 'n Roll running series. I've never heard of them. Does anyone have any experience with their races? Just wondering if this good/bad for the race? Route not posted yet. Thanks

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 957
RE: 2012 DC Marathon goes Rock 'n Roll
POSTED: 7/17/11 5:50 PM

I expected the National Marathon/Half to do something like this. I heard it was losing money and as disorganized as it was this past year, something had to happen. (When a guy holding up 3 fingers is the "Mile 3" marker, you know there are issues). I've heard of the Rock n' Roll series and they seem to be buying up races all over the place, but I haven't had any experience with their events.

Hopefully, it'll be well run next year. The half is really a great race and course.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 457
POSTED: 7/17/11 6:33 PM

I've run RnR Half in Va Beach a couple of times and it was well run and professional organized. Perhaps my only issue were the bands every mile, but the masses enjoyed them. They typically put on a real nice post-race event too. I believe that this is a positive direction however race entry will probably go up since the organizers are a for-profit company.

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 7/18/11 10:28 AM

if they could just have mile markers, i'd be happy.

No bands needed but the Howard U. Marching Band!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria