Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NEW GEAR
CREATED: 08/20/09 by trithis73 REPLIES: 16
trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
NEW GEAR
POSTED: 8/20/09 10:13 PM

Man for those of you that were not there for the new gear pitch. You missed a good showing. THe gear is off the hook, and we don't have to order a mess load and wait 7 years for it to come. The quality is awesome, and from what they are offering, the price is good to. Good job to those who found this vendor. We are all going to look like Rockstars.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
RE: NEW GEAR
POSTED: 8/20/09 10:30 PM

the guys were cute too.

gwcrew2000's ravatar gwcrew2000    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
POSTED: 8/20/09 10:56 PM

Agreed, the gear is sweet! Tons of options and not everyone has to order item A or item B; we can all order different styles, plus they will customize things like pockets on the back instead of the side. No comment on the attractiveness of the reps.

ptlori    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 8/21/09 6:54 AM

Performance Systems is definitely legit. I was blown away by how many options of types of clothing that you can get. I think that many of you had left by the time that they dragged out the throw-back track suit--awesome! So, besides all of the workout and race gear, they have casual wear as well, including 3 lengths of socks. Additionally, they can pretty much customize anything that we are interested in as a club. In my opinion, it is a win-win situation for our club.
Way to go, Karen!! Thanks for all of your hard work.

ptlori    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 8/21/09 6:55 AM

I am not sure why I just said Performance Systems...Champion Systems. Oops. My bad. :)

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 8/21/09 7:49 AM

They had mentioned that they had a special URL for DCTri so that we can play around with the logo and customizing stuff. When will that be available ? I'd like to see what things look like with the DCTri logo and my own artistry.

They also did say that if you wanted something that they didn't have that you can send them a sample and they will make it for you. That's pretty cool.

I like the vairiety and the ability to customize the gear so that we can put our names on there like the pros. I can see Vietnamese Royalty in a TT speedsuit and aero helmet going 15 mph along Haines Point with the word "Vamboghini" written in the back. Oh man ... I'm salivating.

Good job gear team.

By the way, some of us were there to look at the gear but if the only thing that you noticed or remembered were the cute guys ... more power to you Simon.

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
POSTED: 8/21/09 10:02 AM

Agreement with everyone's thoughts. This organization was a great find! Nice job Karen and others.

The reps were just the icing on the cake.

crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 8/21/09 10:05 AM

I thought the gear looked awesome...Great work Karen!

http://champ-sys.com/ in case people needed the link

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
POSTED: 8/21/09 10:18 AM

I bought a tri suit from Champion Systems earlier this year and it is super comfortable. I'm looking forward ordering the DC Tri gear from them.

berlz13's ravatar berlz13    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 8/21/09 10:41 AM

Is anyone else concerned that Simon thought the reps were cute?! ;) (I mean I'm just saying)

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 8/21/09 10:43 AM

Thanks everyone for coming out and for providing your feedback. Keep it coming!

For those who missed happy hour last night and would like to check out the samples, I've got a few pieces that the guys left behind. I'll bring them to the training tri tomorrow and then will try to get them to the BrickNic next weekend as well before I need to mail them back.

Tuan, I'll ask about the web link.

POSTED: 8/21/09 12:00 PM

I was currently on the path of blocking out the fact that Simon thought the guys were cute.... thanks for throwing me back to ground zero. :)

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 8/21/09 1:02 PM

sorry about that. I think 'dreamy' would have been better.
however, the forum is only for useful things from now on...Tuan

POSTED: 8/21/09 2:28 PM

Simon,

Great I have this sort of Japanese anamation thing in my head now, where you are staring at the 2 vendors talking and stars sparkle out of your eyes, and your heart beats in and out of your chest. I am going down the hall now to seek some therapy now.... :p

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 8/21/09 3:57 PM

I'm no graphic designer, but it would be great if we could keep building off of the already awesome DC tri uniform design into something even more fresh and eye catching! Possibly something with flames up the sides? Hah, I kid, I kid...maybe. ;)

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 8/22/09 2:38 PM

Karen, thanks a lot for your work. I was very impressed with the gear. I love the running attire, espcially the shorts. Aw yeah, flashes of my collegiate days.

janealonso's ravatar janealonso    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 9/12/09 3:59 PM

Any word on when/if the new gear will be available?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria