Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

affordable Ironman coach?
CREATED: 03/24/09 by postie REPLIES: 5
postie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 46
affordable Ironman coach?
POSTED: 3/24/09 7:08 PM

I am interested in hiring a coach for IM Louisville. However, I cannot afford to spend the $100+/month that many coaches charge.

I'm looking for a coach that will provide a personalized plan and am fine with an online-only coach. Also, I'm not into techie things (e.g., no clue how to use a heart rate monitor and don't want to use one.)

I wondered if anyone had recommendations for more affordable IM coaches or experience with Alltriathlon.com, which seems to have extremely reasonable rates.

Thanks!
Rachel

trimontana's ravatar trimontana    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 51
RE: affordable Ironman coach?
POSTED: 3/25/09 6:55 AM

Too bad this new website has made it impossible to access the archives (old web site) because there were several excellent postings on this very topic in the old web site. There were detailed postings in which people like Chad and guiness, among others, took a lot of time to provide their own insights and suggested criteria in looking for coaches. So we don't have to reinvent the wheel and lose this valuable historic data, maybe you should petition the board to see whether they would be willing to bring back those forum threads that have a high, enduring value to many club members.

KMierke    JOINED: 3/11/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 3/25/09 11:38 AM

Fitness Concepts has three levels of coaching that go as low as $90 per month. With a 6-month or longer commitment, we could arrange an even lower rate. Write us at
Info@Fitness-Concepts.com or check our website at
www.Fitness-Concepts.com for details.

Ken

Lesh's ravatar Lesh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 3/30/09 10:07 PM

Rachel,

You might try PhiloSana Sports (http://philosana.com). They're running the Half Ironman program for the club, and can likely can tailor something to your needs.

I'm training with them for Ironman Nice. I just did my first half-marathon (without a swim and bike first) and came in under two hours; I'm usually a 10-minute miler for anything over six or seven, so the training plan seems to be working for me...

Good Luck!

trikish    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 4/14/09 9:54 AM

Hi Rachel,

Tri me. I'm new to triathlon coaching in terms of a profession, but have been coaching myself and family for a while. Maybe we're the right fit for each other.

Tom (madhun61@gmail.com)

rwadsworth's ravatar rwadsworth    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 4/14/09 11:06 AM

Actually, the old forum is available. If you go to "Interact" and select the "Old Forum Archives" it is all right there. You can even search the old forum. I just tried it and it worked. Gotta give the web folks props for making this happen, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

-Rachel

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria