Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Can you pass the Fat Albert Haynesworth PT test?
CREATED: 08/03/10 by singlemalt REPLIES: 5
singlemalt    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 6
Can you pass the Fat Albert Haynesworth PT test?
POSTED: 8/03/10 9:56 PM

Yep, I am an Ironman. Lah dee dah, bfd (Kenny Powers style).

I wanted to see if I could pass the Redskins conditioning test for Albert Haynesworth. Does this have anything to do with my IM training this year? Not really.

The test: 300 yard shuttle run via 6- 25 yard out and backs. Must pass in 71 seconds. Then a 3:30 break, then pass the same test in under 73 seconds.

I raced it in a 00:60 then 00:62. Not fast, but it is good to know I can beat Haynesworth and even Mike Golic, who just passed it.

What will this mean for you?
1. Can you beat some donkey in the last 300 yards of the run so you place a step higher?
2. Are you faster than a $21M man?
3. Do you think you are in super shape?
4. If you decide to take the test, and do fail, will you care?

On you next track workout, begin with this test. I hope you pass. I really thought I could run each in the 50s, but I am not a sprinter.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: Can you pass the Fat Albert Haynesworth PT test?
POSTED: 8/04/10 9:57 AM

I'm all slow-twitch! I'd surely fail. Talk to me in Mile 11, though, where I finally find my legs. :)

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
POSTED: 8/04/10 12:14 PM

They have the wrong person doing this test. It should be Daniel Synder doing the test.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 8/04/10 1:29 PM

a simple conditioning test isn't going to help the redskins at all this year.

they are going 5 and 11 this year even with a new qb, and coach. lol

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 8/04/10 1:41 PM

they are going 5 and 11 this year even with a new qb, and coach. lol

So you're an optimist then. LOL!

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
POSTED: 8/04/10 7:42 PM

Hmm, wondering why they don't test his power and strength too. Isn't that sort of important when you're an NFL defensive lineman?

Since Dan Snyder seems so intent on giving away money in bad deals, I've been polishing my resume. I won't lie but maybe I could "imply" that I was "almost" an All-American at several positions in college football and that I was "almost" voted to multiple Pro Bowls at all of those positions in the NFL. (Don't tell the Redskins that I never played NFL or college football. Details. Mere details.) Maybe he'll give me a $30 million signing bonus to sit on the bench like Haynesworth might do this year. I can fulfill that role just fine, that of a bench warmer. And I'll take far less than $100 million to do it.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria