DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Question re: July Plan
CREATED: 07/02/09 by kmniland REPLIES: 6
kmniland    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
Question re: July Plan
POSTED: 7/02/09 11:16 AM

Hello,
I was just checking out the July plan and noticed our longest ride yet (3 hrs) is on the same day as the training tri. Should we be replacing one of the other workouts with the training tri? If so, which would make most sense? Should we then try fitting in the 3 hr ride on another day? Thanks for the advice.
Kelly

larsencm    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 17
RE: Question re: July Plan
POSTED: 7/02/09 2:09 PM

I don't even see the July workouts on the NTP page, and the link to the plans in the email isn't working for me. Am I missing something? Thanks!

gardengirl's ravatar gardengirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 119
RE: Question re: July Plan- OWS
POSTED: 7/02/09 2:20 PM

Thanks. How does the Olympic training plan work with the OWS Sat and Training Tri Sunday? I plan to do the OWS and have signed up for the training tri.

Malissa

nopher    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 7/14/09 3:34 PM

Hi,

I just got back from a week-long work trip where training was impossible for the bike and swim - no gym/pool access. So, although I'm supposed to be tapering for the olympic in NJ would it be smart to still do the 3-hour bikeride this week (7-10 days before the race)?

Advice appreciated,
Sophie

POSTED: 7/14/09 3:44 PM

Just to clarify, I'm referring to the 3-hour bikeride from last week on the July training plan.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
POSTED: 7/14/09 3:47 PM

It depends on the person. For those with a strong bike background, a three hour bike ride is just a joy ride in the park. For others, that's the longest and hardest ride of the season. If you fall under the second category then I would just follow whatever your plan has you doing this weekend.

One extra three hour ride will not make or break what you've built all season. More likely though, especially if you are not a strong biker, the three hour ride this close to the race will do you more harm than good. Just taper with the plan and trust the training that you've done so far. Taper and rest is good.

It took you longer than 1 week or one long training session for you to get into shape so it will take a lot more than 1 week off or one missed long training session to get you out of shape.

Tuan

POSTED: 7/14/09 4:08 PM

Thanks, that's helpful. I'd say a 3-hour bikeride is fun if I'm just riding along and not racing. I'll throw in a couple hours on my bike and push myself a little more than I would with a three hour bike ride. That sounds like a good solution to me! Sophie

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria