DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike rack to borrow?
CREATED: 07/02/09 by urbanlumberjack REPLIES: 3
urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
Bike rack to borrow?
POSTED: 7/02/09 11:33 AM

Hi,
Does anyone have a trailer-hitch mounted bike rack that I can borrow for tomorrow?

I'm planning on driving out to Sandy Point tomorrow with my gf to get a swim/bike in, and I have a zipcar pickup truck but on the way back I need to swing through Baltimore to pick up some furniture, and am worried our bikes wont fit with the furniture in the truck bed.

Thanks!
Matt

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Bike rack to borrow?
POSTED: 7/02/09 11:39 AM

furniture or bikes? I think we know the answer to this. Btw, your gf should be totally cool w/ holding 2 sets of wheels for a one hour's drive.

also, not all trucks/suvs have hitches installed. Mine didn't but it's not a fancy zipcar, either.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 7/02/09 12:32 PM

If you end up with an SUV instead of a pick-up, I have a trunk mount that would work on an SUV gate that you are welcome to borrow. We're leaving town around 8am tomorrow morning, though, so we'd have to work out the details today or early tomorrow.

Keep me posted if you think this might work.

-Travis

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 7/02/09 1:19 PM

Travis, that would be great - would the rack fit on a Honda Element?
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Honda_Element/

If so I'll just change my zipcar order. My email is matthew.longley@gmail.com, send me a note and where you are, I can pick up the rack at whatever times works for you tonight.

thanks!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria