Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Great Falls Park - still doing road work there?
CREATED: 06/15/10 by Lunchbox REPLIES: 5
Lunchbox's ravatar Lunchbox    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
Great Falls Park - still doing road work there?
POSTED: 6/15/10 11:55 AM

Any one been out there lately?
(MD side, end of MacArthur)

I was there about a month ago, road was blocked by workers and trucks. Just wondering.

Cullen

eskane    JOINED: 6/23/09    POSTS: 18
RE: Great Falls Park - still doing road work there?
POSTED: 6/15/10 1:06 PM

do you mean at the top of macarthur at the turn onto falls rd? i was out there on saturday and it was clear. going tonight so if anything's different i'll report back!

Elizabeth

POSTED: 6/15/10 3:17 PM

You may have to enter the park before you discover whether the road work is done, and the road open. Not sure if that's what you did Sat.

Last time out there instead of going right on Falls I went straight into the park. After the first little downhill, a work crew was set up working on the park road (may still show as Macarthur on a map), it was down to one skinny, one way at a time lane with cars backed up each way, mid afternoon middle of the week.

Have a great ride and report back if you learn anything.
C.

alex's ravatar alex    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/15/10 3:37 PM

I rode down the road to Great Falls Park and turned around at the bottom and of the hill last Saturday. The road surface is a mess but it's seems the road works are carried out during the week. Just need to be a bit more careful on the descent and climb as there are lots of rocks and pot holes.

POSTED: 6/15/10 3:57 PM

Perfect. Thanks Alex!

C.

eskane    JOINED: 6/23/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 7/01/10 11:15 AM

hey y'all sorry i never responded -- i've been out there a handful of times since then and yes it is still kinda gnarly. no idea how long they'll be working there! will let you know if it ever appears to be cleared up...

Elizabeth

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria