DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ladies tritops that actually work?
CREATED: 07/02/09 by abbyjs REPLIES: 5
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
Ladies tritops that actually work?
POSTED: 7/02/09 1:37 PM

Help.

I am having some serious tritop issues! I am stubbornly trying to avoid the sportsbra-under-tritop scenario because I think it defeats the purpose of a tritop. Unfortunately, I'm having ZERO luck finding something that fits AND supports the girls. I just saw pictures of myself running in my current tritop at the Dextro and thought "WOAH I need more support!"

I don't care *too* much about being matchy, but I love my Desoto trishorts so I've been trying all the Desoto stuff. I also tried Zoot (too short/too revealing) Orca (not enough support) and Tyr (see through!).

Does anyone have any suggestions??

I have a feeling we could make a fortune if we designed these things properly.

Thanks for your help!

Abby

jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
RE: Ladies tritops that actually work?
POSTED: 7/02/09 2:14 PM

This isn't really the information you're looking for, but give the sports bra/tri top combo a try. My tri top is Sugoi club jersey without a built in shelf bra and layering it with a sports bra works well for me. That way you get the choose the sports bra that works for you.

I don't think built in shelf bras work well even in regular clothing so I find it very frustrating that the majority of women's athletic shirts sold contain a shoddy built in shelf bra. We're exercising! This is when we need a lot of support.

I'll end the tirade there...but I could go on and on about it. Anyway, good luck!

Lindsey

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 7/02/09 3:02 PM

Yeah, I feel you. I love, love, love the look and feel of Zoot tri tops but after racing in one all last summer (and having the same "yeesh!" reaction upon seeing my race photos) I can't do it anymore. I was super against the separate bra/top too but finances and limited time forced me to race in a Brooks sports bra and a Sugoi tri top (no internal bra)...and it was perfect. You're dry by the time you hit the run so there's no extra chafing or anything.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 7/02/09 4:44 PM

Please take into consideration that I've got practically non-existent 'girls' (the only advantage of being overweight right now is that they actually are convex instead of concave for once). So I could probably run with nothing and not have the 'yeesh' reaction. However, I've raced in both a Louis Garneau and a Speedo top and found that the built in bra was sufficient. On the other hand, I have a Desoto tri top that I train in without problems so if Desoto doesn't work for you, it's probable that Louis Garneau and Speedo won't either.
For other days, I usually wear a Voler sports top under running and cycling tops and they wick and dry just as well as my tri tops. So if you do go with the sports bra/tri top alternative, this is an option for you. I think they come in a bunch of colors so you could get one to match.

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
POSTED: 7/02/09 5:06 PM

I wore a one-piece tri suit that gave me enough support without a separate bra. It was actually pretty comfortable once it was on. Putting it on was another story.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 7/02/09 5:07 PM

I am a huge fan of Danskin's tri kits.

They fit well without being constricting and are comfy in even the hottest, stickiest weather.

I also really like Under Armour heat gear tank tops.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria