Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ironman Sign Up
CREATED: 07/02/13 by Andre REPLIES: 3
Andre's ravatar Andre    JOINED: 4/8/11    POSTS: 50
Ironman Sign Up
POSTED: 7/02/13 9:26 AM

I'm hoping to get a spot in a popular Ironman branded event. I've heard horror stories of slots getting filled in seconds.

What's the best way to ensure I get a place in registration? Any tricks or strategies that would help my odds?

Thanks,

Andre

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
RE: Ironman Sign Up
POSTED: 7/02/13 10:04 AM

IMFL and IMAZ sold out in less than a minute last year :)

Use multiple computers, on different networks if possible. Have your friends/family on different computers/networks to help you out. Back in the old days, it was who can fill in the registration form the fastest. For the past several IMs, they gone to a different model. It's whomever can get a log in session first. That's easier said then done since many people will get the "busy" message. Once a session has been created, you have something like 30 minutes to fill out the form before it kicks you out. Once you have a session, you are golden, but

I wouldn't spend 25 minutes filling out the forms either :) The faster you fill out the registration form, the faster you can head off potential problems. Don't write down your entire life history on the fields in those forms. Type in "asdrsdf" and move on to the next field. Everything on that form can be modified once you have been confirmed a slot.

One year, I had my sister on one computer while I was on another. We sat across the room and were clicking "refresh" quite feverously when the registration page came online. I was never able to get in before it sold out. Fortunately, she was able to get in using my Active.com username/password.

If you don't have a current USAT membership, make sure it's current prior to registration. People have complained that Active.com won't let them register without an active USAT membership. This is a new thing with IM registration. Active.com redirects you to the USAT membership form, makes you fill that out, and verifies that it's active prior to registration. I don't think that you will need to worry about this if you click on the pay one day registration fee option, but I'm not sure.

Login into Active.com prior to registration so that you have an active session. That way, you won't have to login once the registration page comes live. You can have the Active.com session on one browser tab and the Ironman registration form on another tab. The Active.com session will remain active once the IM registration page comes online. Refresh the Ironman registration page often. Their 12:00 PM clock will not be the same as yours.

Good luck :)

--Tuan

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 7/02/13 10:49 AM

Wow - all that pressure and then you actually have to train and do the race too.

Andre's ravatar Andre    JOINED: 4/8/11    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 7/02/13 10:56 AM

Thanks Tuan - that's really helpful!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria