DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sunday: Gear Clinic/ Scope it Out 5K
CREATED: 03/25/09 by janemangione REPLIES: 6
janemangione    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
Sunday: Gear Clinic/ Scope it Out 5K
POSTED: 3/25/09 10:54 AM

Hi all,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the gear clinic or group run on Sunday because I will be running the Scope it Out 5K downtown. Would it be possile for someone to take notes or to post at least a summary of what was discussed on the site or forum or in the weekly email? I would really like to have that information as a total tri newbie in the dark about basically everything!

Also, are there any other NTPers running the 5K on Sunday? If so, I would love to meet up as this is my first race and I am a bit nervous!

thanks!
Jane

rowlanbd    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 15
RE: Sunday: Gear Clinic/ Scope it Out 5K
POSTED: 3/25/09 11:47 AM

According to the weekly update, the gear clinic is this Saturday not Sunday like the calendar says. The post said to follow the weekly update before the calendar.

I'm sure there will be another weekly update coming up in the next day or two with more details for this weekend.

POSTED: 3/25/09 11:50 AM

Good catch! Thanks!

kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 3/25/09 12:43 PM

Jane,

If registration is still open I'll do it with you. I have never been in a race either. I am not a fast runner but should be able to complete a 5k without much trouble. Let me know.

gingerkr    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/25/09 1:20 PM

I'm out of town until Sunday, so I would also be interested in a summary of the discussion on Saturday.

Good luck with the 5k!

POSTED: 3/25/09 1:23 PM

Hi,

Here is the link to the wesite for the 5K downtown this Sunday:

http://www.scopeitout5k.com/ScopeItOut.asp?page=Details.html&hgt=740

I am by no means a fast runner so I might not be a great running partner, but it might be nice to meet up for a pre-race pep talk or a post-race high five ;)

You can email me at janemangione@gmail.com to discuss more offline if you'd like.

thanks and hope to see you out there!
Jane

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 3/26/09 12:47 PM

Sorry for the confusion - the gear clinic is Sunday, per the calendar. The note last week goofed the date (my fault).

We will get notes together on gear, and there will likely be more opportunities to talk gear at the group workouts - any of the volunteers and co-leaders will be more than happy to chat about what gear you need/want/might like.

Good luck with your 5k on Sunday!

Will

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria