Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

TransAmerican Bike Trip
CREATED: 03/08/10 by bmccull REPLIES: 2
bmccull    JOINED: 11/23/09    POSTS: 8
TransAmerican Bike Trip
POSTED: 3/08/10 11:34 AM

I am looking to bike east to west across the country, leaving sometime in June. I am thinking of doing a Northern Tier route, and could end in Portland, OR or San Francisco. Seems like 70-75 mi/day is the norm. I have no set plans, but would love some company and be open to ideas! Let me know if you're interested!

astene    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 9
RE: TransAmerican Bike Trip
POSTED: 3/08/10 4:47 PM

You could potentially time it to coincide with Ragrai! (Bike across Iowa. Also 75 miles/day. End of July!

Angie

gwcrew2000's ravatar gwcrew2000    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
RE: TransAmerican Bike Trip
POSTED: 3/08/10 5:03 PM

I wish I could go. I biked from New Haven, CT to San Francisco back in 2002 and had the best time. We averaged about 84 miles a day, but definitely did not take the most direct route. I suggest biking over Trail Ridge Road just north of Boulder, CO. It is the highest continuous highway the US (12,183 ft) but is well worth the challenge. Depending on the route, West Virginia or Pennsylvania will be the hardest part since you are just starting off and the roads are a lot worse there than out west (at least in my experience).

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria