DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rev 3: Williamsbrug course information
CREATED: 11/15/12 by rojojade REPLIES: 6
rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 363
Rev 3: Williamsbrug course information
POSTED: 11/15/12 4:54 PM

Hey guys -

I am notorious for over planning - but does anyone know where this race is going to be? Where the host hotel is going to be? I want to start looking into lodging and realized that website doesn't have anything. :\ Or is this something the club is going to semi arrange (ie get a room block at a local hotel - and no, I am not volenteering).

jberlow's ravatar jberlow    JOINED: 4/16/12    POSTS: 40
RE: Rev 3: Williamsbrug course information
POSTED: 11/15/12 9:10 PM

i'd be interested. I'm looking for a half IM.

-Jason

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 11/16/12 12:20 PM

"The swim will take place in the James River, near the historic Jamestown Island. Athletes will then transition to the bike portion of the race, an out and back course that meanders through the quaint countryside of James City County and finishes on the campus of the College of William and Mary. The course is mostly flat, with a few rolling hills to keep you honest. From there, the run course loops around the City of Williamsburg and back through the college campus. Like the bike course, the run is mostly flat, with a few hills scattered throughout. Athletes will finish in heart of William and Mary and just steps away from some of the most historic sites within the United States."

http://rev3tri.com/news/new-2013-race-in-williamsburg-va/

As a former resident of the City of Williamsburg, student of the College, and having raced in the area for years... it'll be amazing.

T

cclark1025's ravatar cclark1025    JOINED: 3/12/12    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 11/19/12 12:59 PM

I did this race in September and loved it. It sounds like the run course will be different (as we didn't go through the College) this year, but the bike was incredibly flat and fast and the race was well-organized on the whole.

As a former WM student, I might be biased, but I'd definitely recommend it.

POSTED: 11/19/12 1:04 PM

CLARIFICATION:

That's a different race. Just so you don't get the two races confused with each other

The September race is Patriot's Tri, which is put on by Setup Events as part of the Virginia Triathlon Series.

The race for this thread is Rev3 Williamsburg, put on by a completely different company and will have it's inaugural race next June.

I agree with cclark, though... everything held in WBurg is great, so I expect this new race will be one to remember.

cclark1025's ravatar cclark1025    JOINED: 3/12/12    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 11/19/12 1:08 PM

Ah, good catch.

Any race through campus would be great, although, I think the only racing most of us did on campus was less than fully clothed through the Sunken Gardens. However, I'm not sure that would fly with the organizers.

POSTED: 11/19/12 1:11 PM

Haha! At least for this one the swim isn't in the Crim Dell....

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria