What's everyones schedule like for this week? I would welcome the opportunity to meet you all in face to talk banter, and get advice.
I talked with Brad about doing one later on this week (Thursday). Anyone else interested?
I could be game.
There's also the main DC Tri Club happy hour next week, on Thur., Mar. 18. I've missed the last couple HHs but I'll try to make the Mar. 18 one. No promises though.
NB: I didn't see that this was posted in the NTP section. Oops. But I'm sure there will be plenty of NTP'ers at the HH next week.
Re. the Club wide HH next week: You should DEFINITELY come! I'm not going to reiterate all the details that Simon wrote up so nicely in the buzz section (I'll make it easy for you though: click the link-- http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.buzz&id=402 )
but I will list a few brief reasons (though there are many more) why even if you come to no other HHs ever, you SHOULD come to THIS one:
1. You can make a small (or large) donation to ACHIEVE and could win some sweet stuff like tri race entries, restaurant gift certificate...or if nothing else at least get some Gu
2. There will be FREE FOOD (finger food like appetizers)
3. There will be a whole bunch of other people from other Tri clubs in the area so this is basically the ultimate mix and mingle experience for triathletes in the DC area-- find a new friend, training partner, date, perhaps??
4. ACHIEVE is an organization that we can all agree is a neat one to support: what better way to show your love of triathlon than to support an organization teaching triathlon to the next generation??
5. The organizers of this event worked their butts off and it will make us verrry happy if you come! :)
Check out the Facebook event for even more info and to 'RSVP' and see a small sampling of the other people that are coming: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=343212757644&ref=mf