Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Eagleman course ride v.2 (5/24/09)
CREATED: 05/14/09 by rah2774 REPLIES: 26
philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
RE: Eagleman course ride v.2 (5/24/09)
POSTED: 5/23/09 8:48 PM

If you can see well enough to read this, I'm finding that Claritan is keeping my swollen eyes open. If I combine that with Zyrtec, Benedryl, my steroid cream, and Allegra, I can even get them to be unswollen. But then my doctor gets a bit grumpy about the fact that all of those medicines are not supposed to be taken at once.

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 5/23/09 10:51 PM

Doctors are so dumb. Mine complained when the two allegra I was taking a day didn't work and I added 2-3 benadryl every 4 hours. Course that did nothing for the congestion which required 2-3 sudafed every 4 hours. And the antihistamine eyedrops and icepacks on my sinuses and eyes. Idiot actually thought I couldn't sleep because I was hopped up on pseudoephedrine. Imagine that! Now I take Zyrtec and Mucinex, supplemented with Benadryl and antihistamine eye drops as needed. Tomorrow I'll spike my gatorade with liquid benedryl to keep my eyes open on the course. If I miss a turn this time I can blame it on blindness or a zombie-drug induced state.

See y'all tomorrow!

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 5/24/09 9:18 AM

I hope you had fun - and didn't fall over from the zombie drugs while riding. And you just reminded me about my eye drops so I'm going to go search for them.

DuathlonFreak's ravatar DuathlonFreak    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 5/24/09 9:13 PM

Great ride & run today gang! The weather held out and despite a few "adventures" during the drive out we had a successful day. Wombat - we were all sorry you missed it and our day was diminished the lack of your company. Hope you're feeling better and able to enjoy the Memorial Day Monday! Suzanne - great of you to join us, excellent ride today! Second AG at the Kinetic Half by less than a minute!! You'll win it next year.
Em & Bec - you're both ready to smoke Eagleman in a few weeks! And Em - you've earned good karma after your bad luck on the road today! We're happy that you were fine and able to finish your day as planned (well, mostly!) And I just took the Caveman Bites out of the oven!! Post run treats tomorrow morning! Thanks again.

I'm heading to Fountainhead tomorrow morning at 7:30 to have myself humbled along the trail by two of my faster friends. We'll see if I can hang for 2 hours. If its ugly enough, there might even be a report.

And now we wait.... yes, you know what we're waiting for. Over to you, Mr. Vertical.

-LB

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 247
POSTED: 5/25/09 9:41 AM

yes, Suzanne so glad you joined us. It was great to have a 6th to even out our team and enable us to ride boy-girl (thanks to the mystery man in yellow).

Glad the winds were a bit more tolerable this go-round although a few sneaky cross winds did throw me around a bit. Notwithstanding my very tired legs (thanks to Em introducing me to MacArthur and River Road on Saturday for an, ahem, "easy" 40 mile spin) T-man and I managed to up our average speed and shave 5 minutes off our time! I'll take it.

Despite almost losing my bike on the trek down, at least I can say I didn't kill or maim Bambi (or any other woodland creatures) yesterday!

Now I need to dig deep to find some motivation to go for a 10 mile run. My poor legs.

Sorry we missed you, wombat. Hope you're seeing clear and feeling better!

-becky

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1302
POSTED: 5/26/09 8:20 AM

Guys ... I've posted our trip report. It's in the "Race News" section.

Susanna ... Below is the link to the two mile swim in Baltimore that I told you about during the ride

http://www.budbeattyswim.org/Registration.htm

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 5/26/09 9:17 AM

Hey guys, ditto on the great ride this weekend - I had loads of fun with you and hope to see everyone again soon.

Tuan, thanks for the link to that swim. If you're interested in another, my swim team puts this one on every year and it's a great day: http://www.swimdcac.org/Swim4Life.html

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria