Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Fundraising
CREATED: 05/14/09 by marysue20 REPLIES: 2
marysue20    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
Fundraising
POSTED: 5/14/09 9:59 AM

Does anyone have any advice on using the triathlon to raise money? I'd love to do that but I'm not sure when I should email friends, family and co-workers before the NJ Tri. Any tips would be helpful! Please email me if you'd like at marykrulia@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
RE: Fundraising
POSTED: 5/18/09 8:38 AM

Hi Mary -

I've done a little fundraising and found it to be very simple. Basically, I just set up a blog that I tried to update weekly and then sent out a couple of emails.

You can set up a website through activegiving.com (there's another popular site that I'm forgetting but it's very similar) and I found it to be very simple. If you think there are people out there that aren't going to use the website, write them a quick letter. People really appreciate that and it usually turns into money for your charity.

People who don't do this sort of activity usually find it fascinating. Keep them updated on what you're doing and how many miles your training and they'll be more than willing to donate twenty bucks or whatever they can afford.

-Travis

olib    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
RE: Fundraising
POSTED: 5/18/09 9:28 AM

I, for one, really do not like to do fundraising, almost to the point of phobia. I do, however, greatly enjoy those who do as it provides me with the opportunity to both support my friends/acquaintances in good endeavors and to do my part to give back. Meaning, T, I would appreciate the opportunity to respond to such an email from you, support whatever it is you consider worthy, and would not be offended by your request for the same.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria