Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sciatica: Anyone have experience with this
CREATED: 11/29/09 by tatuskocs REPLIES: 3
tatuskocs's ravatar tatuskocs    JOINED: 9/2/09    POSTS: 23
Sciatica: Anyone have experience with this
POSTED: 11/29/09 7:18 AM

Darn my luck if I don't have sciatica on my left glute and slowly working it's way down my leg (started in the Spring with my IM training). Anyone out there have experience with this? Anyone know of tri/runner specific doctors that deal with this?
Guess I have to get out the yoga tape and pay some attention to my poor hamstrings.

Thanks in advance.

Collin

nmr2002    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 23
RE: Sciatica: Anyone have experience with this
POSTED: 11/29/09 7:25 PM

What have you tried thus far? I just posted on this a minute ago.
N.

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 11/29/09 7:54 PM

For several years I was told I had the same problem and there was not alot I could do about it except stop running. I then went to sports & spinal. They showed me the muscle weakness causing my problem and the exercises that cleared it up

tatuskocs's ravatar tatuskocs    JOINED: 9/2/09    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 11/29/09 8:03 PM

Started the standard flex/stretch routines to get that region, and get back to core and lower back strength exercises (Supermans and the like). Heating pad at night, and just going to spin some on the bike trainer and give up running for a week (at least) to see if the pain subsides. My brother is a sports med doctor so I am waiting for him to reply with some recommendations. Of course it feels better after the stretches and a dose of Advil to reduce the inflamation, but in the mornings it can hurt a bunch as some may know.

Sport and Spinal, I have heard of them. Going to see if the stretching and other work I do make an impact in the level of discomfort.

Cheers
Collin

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria