Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New kit gear is awesome
CREATED: 01/24/13 by tgalbert REPLIES: 30
cea1734    JOINED: 1/11/13    POSTS: 4
RE: New kit gear is awesome
POSTED: 2/12/13 11:44 AM

Quick question - would it be odd to order a performance top with an elite pro bottom? Will this look odd?

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
POSTED: 2/12/13 12:25 PM

hmmm, worry about looking odd because of missmatch kits, but not the fact that you're prancing around half naked in public in spandex? Shit triathletes say :)

To your question, the answer is no. The color schemes will make the flow seemless. People mix and match kits all the time. Bike short/tri top. Tri bottom/bike shirt. etc

Tuan

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 2/12/13 1:02 PM

It shouldn't look odd (necessarily)... the fabrics are different, but the design should match up well enough, and the colors should be same enough.

Any questions about fit/sizing--please feel free to ask and I will do my best!

--Abby

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 364
POSTED: 2/15/13 11:21 AM

To clarify for the NTPers (and anyone else who who may have questions):

The elite power shorts are the equivalent to the performance tops

Elite power shorts- basic/more durable

Elite pro shorts- step up from the power shorts/more compression

Pam

POSTED: 2/18/13 4:36 PM

FEBRUARY GEAR ORDER NOW CLOSED!
It's Gear Time!

The DC Triathlon Club is excited to announce a new look, new training & racing apparel, and a new online shopping experience for the 2013 season! Order your gear today to ensure it arrives in time for you to proudly wear at your early spring races.

http://store.dctriclub.org

THE FEBRUARY CUSTOM ORDER IS NOW CLOSED. The shop will reopen on February 20, 2013 to give us time to process the orders.

We are testing timeframes for placing custom orders with Louis Garneau. Our first custom order was placed on February 18, 2013. The next custom will be placed on March 18, 2013. We will evaluate this frequency and announce the next custom order after March 18.

Q: If I ordered before February 18, 2013, when should I expect my gear?

A: We are projecting 6-8 weeks for our first custom delivery. This would be the second or third week of April. We will keep you posted as we get updates from Louis Garneau.

Q: What if I placed my order after February 18? When will I get my gear?

A: It depends on what you want to order. We ordered extra items on February 18 to keep "in stock" at our distributor in Fairfax. If you order any of these items (so long as we have the inventory) you will receive these items in April, just like the first custom order. After these items arrive in April, any order placed for the "stock"items will have a 3-5 day delivery turnaround. These items are: the Performance Racer triathlon top, the Elite Power Shorts, and the Clasico Bike Jersey. You can still custom order any of the other items. We expect them to be delivered 6-8 weeks after the next custom order is placed on March 18. Items in the shop will be clearly marked as "Custom Only" or "Stock Item" with the expected delivery times.

If you have any questions, please email Abby Sanford, vp@dctriclub.org.

Nicole's ravatar Nicole    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 2/18/13 7:13 PM

Will there be any more times that the sizing kit will be available? Thanks!

POSTED: 2/20/13 10:21 AM

The March gear order is now open! For more information on expected delivery times, check this out:
http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.buzz&id=571

Nicole: I'm taking it down on Saturday. Get there before then!
We have to send the sizing kit back to LG, so I advice you to go now!

Nicole's ravatar Nicole    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 2/20/13 4:17 PM

Ok, will get to Rev Cycles tomorrow, thanks!

sgarnes's ravatar sgarnes    JOINED: 11/16/12    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 2/21/13 7:05 AM

Please clarify, I thought there would be a once piece suit that was aimed more at endurance (meaning I can wear it to train too, not just for like work outs and race day). I like the look of the one piece but want to know that I can wear it for mutliple Tri's without worry that I will be putting too much wear and tear on them.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
POSTED: 2/21/13 11:15 AM

Women don't want 1 pieces - going to the loo can become a real nuisance with a 1 piece.

POSTED: 2/21/13 11:16 AM

You can certainly wear the one-piece for multiple triathlons, but LG tells us this item is not suitable for "heavy training." I'm not sure how that is defined.

We are certainly open to carrying other items in the future--as a Board we had to make some decisions about what to offer in this first go-around.

Thanks for your feedback!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria