DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

2013 Rides to Peasantman?
CREATED: 04/28/13 by vivekk13 REPLIES: 13
vivekk13    JOINED: 1/2/13    POSTS: 9
2013 Rides to Peasantman?
POSTED: 4/28/13 7:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is already a thread somewhere, I couldn't find a recent one.

I'm an NTP-er going to Peasantman this weekend but am in need of a ride for myself and my bike. Would like to go up Saturday for the bike clinic, and Sunday for the race if possible. Happy to pitch in for gas/transportation costs. I live in the Pentagon City area but can meet wherever.

If there are other folks looking for a ride, let me know, I will probably rent a care for the weekend if there are no rides available and could carpool.

Thank you!

Vivek

mdwhitlock's ravatar mdwhitlock    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 2
RE: 2013 Rides to Peasantman?
POSTED: 4/28/13 10:00 PM

Hi Vivek,

I'm also looking for a ride for myself and my bike, and I'm happy to share transportation costs.

Meico

mholko    JOINED: 5/5/10    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 4/29/13 10:18 AM

Hi all,
I am planning to go to the open water swim clinic at lake anna on saturday. i have room for another human or two if anyone else is going. it would be nice to have company :)
-michelle

blustinc's ravatar blustinc    JOINED: 8/8/10    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 4/29/13 10:51 AM

Hi,

I'm going Sunday morning for the race and staying for the post-race picnic. I have room for 3 people and 3 bikes, and will be leaving from Arlington/ Ballston area. Happy to give a ride to anyone that needs one.

Carrie

Moni    JOINED: 1/25/13    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 4/30/13 10:18 AM

Hi All,

Carrie, Do you still have space? I'm in Ballston/Arlington too and I'd rather carpool.

Alternatively, if are there more people who want to go Sunday morning than there are currently rides, I'm happy to share my vehicle. I can probably take two people and bikes (thought it would be tight in a 4Runner with no racks).

Thanks,
Moni

blustinc's ravatar blustinc    JOINED: 8/8/10    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 4/30/13 11:39 AM

Hi Moni,

Sure. Can you email me at blustinc AT gmail .com so I can send you the information?

To everyone else that emailed, sending details shortly.
Carrie

mdwhitlock's ravatar mdwhitlock    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 4/30/13 7:25 PM

Any have room for one more person and bike? I'm looking to arrive on Saturday in time for the clinics and leave Sunday after the race. I'm happy to pay for transportation costs.

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 144
POSTED: 4/30/13 8:45 PM

Hey Meico and Vivek and everyone else:

It seems like most weekend carpool rides are starting in NoVa or NW DC, but I live in NE DC, so it'll be a trek for me to bring my bike and camping gear to catch a ride with folks. I'm leaning towards renting a car and I have a corporate discount, so it'll be $35/person (includes everything like gas/insurance/rental) for me to rent a car for three people and three bikes for the weekend. I have a 3-bike rack too. Let me know if any of you are interested in carpooling with me, and I can pick up people along the way Saturday morning.

-David Eng
deng05@gmail.com

ashiroma    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 4/30/13 9:04 PM

If anyone is Arlington and still looking for a ride I have 3 spots in my car including gear and bikes.

Also if anyone needs camping space that is available as well, will need own tent though.

dmcelhare's ravatar dmcelhare    JOINED: 4/17/10    POSTS: 49
POSTED: 4/30/13 10:07 PM

Greetings team,

I'm not doing Peasantman on Sun, but I am planning on driving down to Lake Anna on Sat. to ride and swim, returning to DC area on Sat.

I'll be leaving from Arlington at some undetermined, earlier than I prefer time.

I have room for 1 extra bike and up to 3 extra people if anyone wants a ride.

Drew

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
POSTED: 5/01/13 8:53 AM

Looking for a ride to get there later Fri nit or very early Sat morn, for the 8 am bike ride.

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 144
POSTED: 5/01/13 9:09 AM

Hey, my car is full now. I can however ferry folks and their bikes to NoVa or NW DC in the Friday night/Saturday morning if you can find rides there. I just need to be back home by 8 AM on Saturday, so I can start making my way down to Lake Anna.

KateInWoodley    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 5/01/13 2:55 PM

I am looking for a ride from NW DC, although I could travel to another location. 1 person, 1 bike. I'd like to go out Saturday morning at least in time for the swim workshop. I already have a ride back on Sunday, so just looking for Saturday. I'm also looking for a camping spot if anyone has space. Thanks!
-Kate

alidavis    JOINED: 11/12/12    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 5/01/13 6:38 PM

Kate-
I'm leaving from NW DC on Saturday morning, arriving in time for the OWS clinic. Happy to take you and your bike if you still need a ride. Send me an email - traveling_ali (at) hotmail.

I'm not camping, so can't help you there.
Ali

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria