Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next Page

Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer is BACK!!
CREATED: 06/16/10 by dsgrunning REPLIES: 156
bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 184
RE: Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer is BACK!!
POSTED: 8/16/10 7:10 PM

Not open where I am looking...

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 8/16/10 7:17 PM

Anyone doing the 65 mile option? I think at this point you have to register the day of, but it doesn't appear to be sold out, so this shouldn't be a problem. That's what I'm planning to do (for the 65 miler).

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 8/16/10 7:35 PM

I'm in for the metric century along with 3 other club members.

What time is everyone planning to clip in?

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
POSTED: 8/16/10 8:08 PM

I'm doing the century. I'm planning on starting early b/n 6:30 and 7.

Pam

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 361
POSTED: 8/16/10 8:12 PM

I'm doing the century. I'm planning on starting early b/n 6:30 and 7.

Pam

jerrys's ravatar jerrys    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 8/16/10 9:38 PM

I'm game for about 65 miles this coming Sunday. Jerry

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1751
RE: Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer is
POSTED: 8/22/10 7:11 PM

Three in our group crashed (no serious injuries), and two times we got lost due to bad bike path arrows, bringing the mileage to 110. Glorious farm country and intrepid riding buds, but weak signage.

Feedback to organizers at:

http://restonbikeclub.org/restoncentury/

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 457
POSTED: 8/22/10 8:30 PM

We were wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear that everyone is okay.

jbuchovecky    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/24/10 8:18 AM

Sorry, but lost track of this ride. Is the Sunday ride on for the the 29th? Can't run right now, so need more wheel miles. Thanks!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1296
POSTED: 8/24/10 8:58 AM

rain, snow, heat, and floods ... this ride is always on and will be so until the last weekend of October.

Tuan

stivnik's ravatar stivnik    JOINED: 1/11/10    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 8/26/10 11:05 AM

Reverend Tuan,

I very much looked forward to your otherworldly display of wheelsucking talent this Sunday on the 60 Mile Ride.

Imagine my dismay when I read your latest epistle in which you state that you will not be completing the entire 60 mile ride because you have "places to go and people to see this Sunday."

Your words cut me deeply: I felt lost - spurned - not unlike the left testicle of a water buffalo at a Vietnamese wedding.

Why have you forsaken me? Was it that I waited until after the 110 mile Reston Century to break down and join your peloton? Must I do The Math, no matter how wrong the Answer may be?

Despite my anguish, I will finally join you - somewhere along Macarthur outside Georgetown - with lemon wedges.

Plyometrically,
S.Kelley

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 8/26/10 11:07 AM

I'd like to join the group this Sunday (the 29th). Where are the meeting points and at what time? Thanks.

POSTED: 8/26/10 11:28 AM

GTown - M and Wisconsin. Clip sharply at 7:00 AM.

If you want to be on the distro list, drop me an email at number55555@yahoo.com. The email distro list will give you a point of reference as to why S.Kelley is throwing water buffalo testicles around and mocking the nation of Vietnam. and the ways of our people.

Tuan

POSTED: 8/29/10 1:14 PM

My Sunday Ride went into Bonus Miles this morning. A few of us rolled up 70+ miles on our scheduled 60 mile tour of deepest, darkest Montgomery County.

Kim, Steph, Bill, Joe, and Steve the Directionally-Challenged Zen Biker followed our trail of Clif Bar crumbs back to civilization at a 20+ MPH clip, despite detouring through some of the worst climbs this side of Mt. Weather.

I will need a DC Tri Bottle full of Holy Water and a Vinegar chaser to erase the memory of those hills, but rode with some amazing athletes today. Hope to roll with you all again!

Cyclically,

S. Kelley

stiefler    JOINED: 6/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 8/29/10 1:34 PM

Not that this is a "who had the worst vertical swimmer ride" competition, but I definitely have the accidental 70 milers beat. Round about mile 37 I got my first flat. It was at this time I also realized that I hadn't brought my gear bag. Luckily, some nice folks stopped after a few minutes and gave me a tube and a cartridge (and let me borrow their tire levers). I was good to go until mile 41 where, in addition to realizing that I was going the wrong way, I also noticed that my tire was flat once again. Awesome. Flagged another guy down, mooched his stuff, searched the inside of the tire and the popped tube like Sherlock Holmes trying to identify the cause of the flats (to no avail) and then got rolling again. The next flat came at mile 42. It was at this time that I decided the best option was to pick up my bike, throw it into the woods, and call my wife. An hour later, I was in dry clothes on my way to brunch...so I guess all's well that ends well.

See you all in two weeks.

POSTED: 8/29/10 2:54 PM

Great ride. I tried to catch you all to get you to turn around but the pack seemed set on rolling to Poolesville via the back roads!

POSTED: 8/29/10 9:52 PM

Poolesville?! We thought we were in Pennsylvania! Wherever we were, it sure was pretty out there, but we found hills and potholes that weren't included in Tuan's cruise brochure. Luckily no flats or cracked frames, but one close call.

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 8/29/10 9:57 PM

The bonus miles were unexpected and hilly, but it was still a great ride. So the 3 flat tires saga definitely gets the "worst ride" prize.

RE: Sunday Bike Ride
POSTED: 8/30/10 9:46 AM

I hoped that these little episodes have taught you bike Nazis a very valuable lesson ... NEVER DROP VIETNAMESE #1. NEVER!!!

Tuan

POSTED: 8/30/10 10:12 AM

Once we got on River Road, it was like the TdF. The pack took off like madmen and women! Twice I made a hard push and caught the leaders in a failed effort to turn them around only to have them surge ahead of me again. I finally gave up after a mile or so beyond West Willard Road. I ended up with 69 miles averaging almost 20 mph. It was a crazy day!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria