Learn whether barefoot running is right for you, and what you can do to help you prepare to run barefoot!
Date: Thursday, September 2
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
Location: 2175 K Street, NW, Suite C-120, Washington, DC 20037 (next to Starbucks)
This clinic will address topics that include:
- The fundamentals of running form
- Impact of barefoot running and minimalist shoes on form
- Comparison of runners in running and minimalist shoes, and barefoot (video footage)
- Differences among a selection of running footwear
- Common barefoot and minimalist shoe injuries and how to prevent them
Presenter: Robert Gillanders, PT, DPT is a 25 time marathon/ultra-marathon racer, whose accomplishments include the Grindstone 100 mile trail race. Robert has also completed multiple triathlon endurance races and is a triathlon ironman finisher. An experienced physical therapist, Robert has worked with both amateur and professional athletes.
This seminar is presented by DC Tri Club sponsor Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy. Visit us at www.ssptdc.com or www.facebook.com/ssptdc.