Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Peasantman
CREATED: 12/10/12 by claudiabl REPLIES: 3
claudiabl's ravatar claudiabl    JOINED: 12/25/10    POSTS: 25
Peasantman
POSTED: 12/10/12 2:25 PM

I am trying to put together the remaining races that I want to do this coming season. Can anyone tell me about the peasantman race? Distance? Thanks

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
RE: Peasantman
POSTED: 12/10/12 3:13 PM

Claudia,

I'm kinda ... sorta ... one of the PeasantMan event organizers, so feel free to ask any follow up questions :)

Peasantman will occur on Sunday, May 5th, 2013. It will take place at Lake Anna, Va. The distances are Sprint (750 m swim, 11 mile bike, and 5k run) and Olympic (1500 m swim, 22 mile bike, and 10k run).

The day before the race, we will have OWS swim held by WaveOne (buoys and water support will be provided), bike clinic, and a BBQ. Registration will occur in the early spring. We anticipate a good mixture of NTPers and veteran DCTri folks. I would say that 90% of the people doing this event are DCTri folks, with at least 60 athletes belonging to the 2013 NTP class ... they just don't know it yet :)

More info can be found on the PeasantMan Facebook page at www.facebook.com/peasantMan.

I will blast this forum with all kinds of Peasantman propaganda once we are ready to open up the registration process in the early spring.

Last year, literally the entire Lake Anna campground and cabins were reserved by PeasantMan participants (i.e., DCTri folks). We make it a weekend full of activities, including organized bike rides of the Kinetic bike course. The ride will range from 11-112 miles.

We will also be giving away raffle prizes. Last year, we gave away a brand new bike, wetsuits, helmets, and thousands of dollars in other goodies. All finishers last year were greeted with $2,000 worth of free Georgetown Cupcakes at the finish line.

Tuan
number55555 at yahoo dot com

HappyRunner's ravatar HappyRunner    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 192
POSTED: 12/12/12 4:39 PM

Love this event. Very newbie friendly.

Tuan, when the final determination is made whether this will be chip-timed or a "fun run" can you post?

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 12/12/12 6:46 PM

I will. That will be item #1 on the discussion board when the PeasantMan War Council reconvene. The people have spoken about the chip timing. We will oblige.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria