Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Swim Meet - Jan. 24th at CUA
CREATED: 01/18/10 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 8
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
Swim Meet - Jan. 24th at CUA
POSTED: 1/18/10 11:08 AM

Attention to anyone who has already signed up for the swim meet this Sunday. Please send me an email at racedirector@dctriclub.org with your choice of events along with a seed time. The order of events is as follows:

1) 400 freestyle
2) 50 backstroke
3) 100 Individual medley
4) 50 breaststroke
5) 100 freestyle
6) 50 butterfly
7) 50 freestyle
8) 200 freestyle
9) 200 free relay (each swimmer swim 50m)
10) 200 medley relay (back, breast, fly, free)

For events 9 and 10 we will have a race day sign up sheet.
-Hugh

RE: Swim Meet - Jan. 24th at CUA
POSTED: 1/19/10 12:06 PM

If you still have not sent me your entries and seed times, please do so this week. $5 is a bargain for a swim meet as others charge that for just one race.

POSTED: 1/20/10 3:04 PM

Just a quick reminder about the swim meet at Catholic U. on Sunday. So far, I only have about 15 entries. For five bucks you can't beat the price. (I'm swimming in a meet the following Sunday and it's costing me twenty-one dollars.

Check the swim event order under 'Buzz'.

-Hugh

POSTED: 1/22/10 3:06 PM

Just trying to bump this thread to give those a reminder about registering for the swim meet on Sunday. Make sure you send me your list of events you want to swim. I prefer not to have race day sign up just so I can have everything prepared ahead of time.

-Hugh
racedirector at dctriclub.org

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 1/24/10 11:39 AM

Hugh,

Great job with the swim meet. And I really appreciate the volunteers. Even Tuan's strict adherence to the heats in marshaling. It was a blast! It was great that we got to use the timing mats and scoreboard. Though, next time don't think I'll eat a whole bag of Tostitos and a jar of salsa the night before.

There were a number of new people there as well. It was nice to meet y'all. I'm looking forward to Feb 28.

Ryan

POSTED: 1/24/10 4:28 PM

Thanks to all volunteers and participants for making this meet successful. It was great to see some new faces today.

The next swim meet will be on Sunday, Feb. 28th. I may substitute the 500 or 800 for the 400-yd swim. Results will be up shortly. -Hugh

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1296
POSTED: 1/24/10 9:19 PM

Those of us who can't swim, marshals :) The world just isn't ready to witness my infamous vertical swimming techniques yet.

I echo what Ryan said ... nice to see some new faces out there. We have some really good and fast swimmers in the club. Also very cool to see the timing mats and scoreboard. Very professionally run.

Tuan

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 1/25/10 9:36 AM

I had a wonderful time and may even try doing the next one sober. Big thanks to Hugh, Tuan, all the volunteers and participants for the great meet. I think adding an 800 or 1600 would be great as meets tend to favor sprinters and we need more distance events.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1751
POSTED: 2/15/10 5:46 PM

Note, for the next meet at Catholic, or the start of workouts there again, that the traffic cameras are still ripping off the citizenry. I got nailed coming out of the swim meet on a speeding violation. (Ironic, given how slowly I had swum.) This has happened many times to DCTriers. Be very careful driving to and from Catholic.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria